• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
buster205

1980/90's Cars Hidden Past ?

buster205

I've been looking out for another 205 for a while on ebay pistonheads etc. Spotted a grey 1.9 gti local (ish) to me, looks a decent car and seller as dropped the price by £350. He's been informed by a prospective buyer that his car is recorded as stolen/recovered in 1999. Makes you think how many of the 20+ year old hot hatch type cars have a hidden past !!!

dcc

Always used to get mine MOT'd, but tbh so long as its a straight car and hasn't been pinched, I don't normally care too much either way.

Was looking at a stolen/recovered golf GTTDI about 18 months ago, was a lovely car and all repaired, just used it as a bartering tool, but in my eyes wasnt worth the 4k they were looking for at the time :)

dcc

not mot'd, i mean HPI' tested :D lol

buster205

not mot'd, i mean HPI' tested :D lol

i knew what you meant dude :)

ljenkins22

been stung with this in the past, bought a car on eBay, took it for test only to discover the chassis number did not match the plate, :-{

Edited by ljenkins22

welshpug

wouldnt worry me particularly, mine was stolen+recovered a few months after i bought it, not recorded either, just fixed it myself

Paul_13

He's been informed by a prospective buyer that his car is recorded as stolen/recovered in 1999.

Wasn't this a forum members car?

buster205

Wasn't this a forum members car?

Don't know mate. AFAIK it isn't for sale on here ? Reading his advert it appears he had no prior knowledge of the incident and was informed by prospective buyer's history check ???