• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrMemzi

205 Drift

MrMemzi

Right ive owned a fair share of cars. Rwd, Fwd, Awd. But never have i been able to unintentionally drift a fwd car. My pug without any hesitation will jump into a drift. Its the only fwd car ive ever owned that does this. What causes the back end to nervously step out? Ive got good tyres a good suspension set up adjustable dampers and it sticks. Whats the reason for it?

Anthony

205 GTi's are famed (notorious?) for their lift-off oversteer, and you can steer them with the throttle in a manner most unlike a typical FWD car.

However, if it's happening unintentionally and unpredictably (which is how I'm reading your post) then either your driving style needs looking at, or all is not well with the car somewhere - on a mechanically well sorted car with good tyres, it should be extremely predictable and controllable, and should be an intentional act to make it to it slide.

DaveW

Bit more details of your set up and tyres..

MrMemzi

U forgot to mention during a complete strip down the rear end raised around 3/4 of an inch. Im assuming its this making it slide? My manner of driving used to be silly boy racer. That was while she was an everyday driver. Tyres are uniroyal rainsport2s all round tyres.

I forgot*

johnnyboy666

oops too slow

Edited by johnnyboy666