• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ljenkins22

Vacume Sunroof

ljenkins22

hi guys does anyone have a diagram of how the vacume system is put together on 205, i have gutted the car for paint, it did have a vacume sunroof fitted, but in my wisdom to get a nice spray job on the roof i removed to sunroof, only to find no pipework connected and no vacume resevouir, i have now bought a res, and am looking to restore the vacume operation but not sure how the system goes together? any help will be great

thanks in advance lee

ljenkins22

this is how i would guess it would work, sorry for drawing only got paint on this pc lol

res.jpg

Edited by ljenkins22

ljenkins22

bump

Weser

Im pretty sure thats how mine works. Cant remember seeing the one way valve though. But that could be me.

Anthony

Im pretty sure thats how mine works. Cant remember seeing the one way valve though. But that could be me.

The one-way valve is to the offside of the brake servo and looks like a small inline filter, about an inch or so long.

grandos

Does the release switch in the roof handle have anything to do with the circuit as I'm sure that's reason mine doesn't work, because when I tested the reservoir it was ok and all the pipe work and roof seal seem good too!

Anthony

Yes - there is a vacuum valve that the sunroof handle activates when you open it, which causes the sunroof seal to be exposed to vacuum and pulls it away from the glass. It could be that the valve is faulty or, as was the case on my car, it could be that the valve had moved and the handle wasn't activating it properly.

ljenkins22

thanks guys for the reply's, nice to get some actual input not pm's correcting my spelling, no names you know who you are!

does anyone know if the one way valve is available or will any old inline valve work?

grandos

I would also be interested to know if the valve is still availiable, as this may well be the cause of my sunroof not working (grrr! even if I would not be using it in this weather!)

Cheers.

Paul_13

Halfords sell one way valves, there for screen wash lines. Not sure if it would work on vacuum lines. Worth a try maybe ?