• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309jazzpanda

Tu Tuning, I Just Want 100Hp

309jazzpanda

Ok slight resurrection of the thread, if I put my s1 106 rallye pistons into my 1400 block with my 1600 tu5 head on would I still have a poor compression ratio or would this actually work?

Shed has Had a clear out so got my old gtx block and forgot about the pistons I'd purchased, plus the vtrengine I have fitted Is Getting a bit Smokey

309jazzpanda

Any thoughts? My only thinking is the cylinder heads are the same for the tu3 and the tu5 so with the rallye pistons I is technically an xsi engine with my original engine number

burr_2000

Yes your compression ratio will be fine

calvinhorse

Tu3 and tu5 heads are massively different

welshpug

Tu3 and tu5 heads are massively different

The ones they are referring to (TU3J2 vs TU5J2) are the same part number, 0200 E6.

You are likely correct if you mean a TU3S from a 205 however.

dcc

that tu engine is 40 kg's heavier than my 1.9 8v XU!

calvinhorse

The ones they are referring to (TU3J2 vs TU5J2) are the same part number, 0200 E6.

You are likely correct if you mean a TU3S from a 205 however.

Ahhhh yes! Duh!

Dan you weigh 40kg more than most people so evens it out ;)

welshpug

Pretty sure Dan weighs 60 more than me :lol::P

RossD

Going by the weights thread on this forum, a built up 8 valve 1.6 TU engine is 110kg. I think the alloy 1.9 engine is in that ballpark or even slightly heavier..... Unless your 1.9 XU is missing its crankshaft or flywheel its certainly not 40kg lighter than a 1.6 TU :P

welshpug

what do you call a "built up" TU5 though? it certainly was not missing anything but manifolds and ancillaries, and did have a flywheel attached.

have you seen the difference between alloy and iron TU engines? it is quite significant, 23 kilos iirc!!

burr_2000

A 106 1.4 xsi head or 1.6 xsi/ 1.3 rallye head and a lets say 1.6 306 head are pretty similar, ' bigger valve heads' . The stock tu3 heads are smaller valve and ports

309jazzpanda

Sorry yes should have made that clear, I was referring to the tu3/tu5 thing from a 106 306 etc the multi point injection variant.

So basically it will work then, theoretically I shouldn't need aftermarket management either then or is this wrong

309jazzpanda

Well after Christmas I'm going to go for it, now any suggestions for head gaskets? I'm thinking go for uhe thinner 1400 headgasket

burr_2000

You have to get the gasket to suit the head,a standard tu1.4 gasket will protrude if using a xsi/rallye head

Edited by burr_2000

309jazzpanda

Its a vtr head (black top) which I think has a choice as well but wont matter too much if the heads off hopefully

309jazzpanda

whilst on this I'm going to wire in a 16 pin obd plug but does anyone have any idea what the wiring is for the plug? I know it doesn't need many wires for the basic management but its the wiring in the plug I need

309jazzpanda

Sorry to rattle on but the pistons I will be using in my block are 106 ph1 rallye pistons does anyone know whether the conrods will be different between ph1 rallye and 205 spi tu?

309jazzpanda

Er black top saxo vtr engine is the obd system iso? Just so I can wire in a 16 pin obd socket