• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gaz832

Painting Your Own 205.

harryskid

Was that a serious question? :lol:

If so google Paints 4 U. :P

Yes it was

Cheers mate :D

chipstick

I used ebay paint link to paint my car matt black back in the summer.

Iain. I have bought paint from him before as he is about a mile away from me and I avoid the postage/ebay fees and can buy damaged cans cheap which he can't retail. Decent bloke, highly recommended. Also, he does Alpine too B)

Edp

If I took everybodies advice on what to do/not to do to my car i'm sure I'd have a pristine sorrento with a gti6 engine and sl434s

but seeing as I dont, and its a scruffy daily driver, I'll paint it whatever colour I feel like ;)

Tut tut, mi16 is better than gti6 (imo) ;)

johnnyboy666

lols, well I'll be dumping a tu5 106 gti engine in. And yes I am still a rebelious teenager at heart!

fatony1

Not wanting to piss on anyones parade but a 6x4" digital photo viewed through a computer screen hardly gives any sort of idea of a 'good' finish..... :rolleyes:

steve@cornwall

Not wanting to piss on anyones parade but a 6x4" digital photo viewed through a computer screen hardly gives any sort of idea of a 'good' finish..... :rolleyes:

If talking about rattle can painting - i think "adequate" is what's aimed for ;) If i was to pay good wedge for a professional job I'd want perfection....and I know I can't afford that, not sure many 205s are worth it either. I would say that most cars leave the production line with "adequate" paint, orange peel and inclusions are far from unheard of - so i am perfectly happy with my rattle can sprayjob - delighted at the financial outlay and has stood up to the past 4 years reasonably well. The paint is far too hard and easily chipped and it has cracked in a few (half dozen?) places - but after hours of cutting and polishing it's pretty good - some here have seen it in the flesh and are surprised at its humble pedigree!

DSC00086.jpg