• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

What Bulbs

feb

I am thinking of getting some upgraded bulbs.

Has anyone used any of these and what do you recommend?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h4-60-55w-headlight-bulb/

I am thinking either Osram night breakers or Ring xenon ultima.

The best I had was a pair of PIAA Platimum whites in my previous cars and they were fantastic, huge difference but they are very dear!

Or would I be better of with 80/100 or 90/130 ones?

Will the wiring and headlight lenses withstand if I go for higher wattage?

Edited by feb

dcc

I bought some halfrauds extreme brilliance things, only because they were buy 1 get 1 free, and half price (2 for £13 :) )

cant fault them in my corsa

Tesstuff

Last week uprated mine to Osram Night Breaker + , and it is a very worthwhile upgrade :)

welshpug

I guess this is for the 205? if so it will not hurt to add a relay and a more direct power feed to the system to cut down on voltage drop, the only problem with higher wattage bulbs (bar the legality issue....) is that they don't last that long, though they do tend to be a lot cheaper than the "brighter" standard wattage bulbs, for example the Ring H1 100W Rallybulb is £4.50.

feb

Yes the 205.

I just found out from someone else that he is using the Xenon ultima 120% and he found them an improvement over the ultima 100% mainly in the beam focus of ther dipped beam.

The ultima 100% were an improvement over the osram nighbreakers he had previously so I'll probably go for the ultima 120%.

Alan77

I changed to the Ring xenon bulbs a couple of years ago. Also changed the rear stop/tail lights for some multi LED ebay jobbies.

One of the best and cheapest upgrades you can make IMO.

jackherer

Don't fit higher wattage bulbs without using a relay. I had to rewire a 205 where someone had done that, one of the multiplugs on the fuseboard had melted along with a load of wiring leading to it.

matt.f

Got philips xtreme vision in mine and they are a lot better,think xtreme vision + is out now.

These,piaa and Osram nightbreaker are what are commonly used for night events(road rallies)