• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu8v

Xsara Vts Rear Arms

stu8v

Anyone know, what toe/camber settings do xsara rear arms give?

Cheers

Anthony

It will vary to a point with ride height, but the book figures are 1.2 degrees camber and 5mm toe IIRC.

Late arms I believe had a touch more camber - 1.3 or 1.4 degrees from memory.

(I know Sandy listed the geometry of the various arms if you do a search, or it's on Autodata but I don't have it installed on this laptop)

welshpug

slight misinformation on that thread, the ZX is identical in wheelbase and track to the 306/xsara, though the front strut tops are closer together giving more front camber as well as the rear being set as they are.

this is the thread Anthony mentioned

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=56644&st=0&p=526084entry526084

stu8v

Looks like I'll keep the ZX ones I have then.

Cheers guys.

Dizzee stuff

Has anyone used the xsara vts ones ? I have some sitting in the garage but would like to here peoples opinions before fitting them.

Tom Fenton

The Xsara arms give a useful amount of negative camber. They have quite a bit of toe in which makes the car more predictable at the back. Whether you like this or not depends on your driving style. Personally in my 200bhp/200ftlb 205 I have more than enough to be thinking about as it is without the back end trying to steer of its own accord.

However I have to say that a search would have definitely told you all this.

edbar

I have xsara vts arms on a 309 beam solid mounted, back end is fantastic and predictable even on a wet track at full chat.

allanallen

I'm a fan of a bit of toe in on the rear as well, I've got 309 arms on my 205 which I think are similar (ish) to 306 arms with a bit of negative camber + toe in.