• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pier_bruce

Steel Wheels C5

pier_bruce

Hi

Ive been looking into getting some C5 alloy steels for my hillclimb car and find they are like rocking horse Sh**. Would love to know if anyone knows of a good source of any one to contact

Thanks

Pete

Baz

You and about a thousand others. ;)

Tesstuff

Rocking horse sh1t costs :D

I could be persuaded to sell some of mine :P

pier_bruce

yeah tell me about it ive been looking for a while now.

How much would it cost to prize a set from you :) with a lovely set of avon slicks ready to go :lol:

pier_bruce

You and about a thousand others. ;)

to be honest i cant belive im getting rid of the signature 1.9 wheels

locosaki

I've got a set with Brand new Yokohama AD08 tyres that I was considering selling to finance something else.

PM if you like mate.

kyepan

Some diligent ebaying worked for me.

SurGie

Or buy a cheap C5 which has the stronger tapered holed wheels, then strip it and sell parts. They dont appear that rare to me at all when there are lots of C5's about, especially the 2003/4 years instead of the 2001/02 which had the flat seated holes iirc.

AFAIK all C5's had the same wheels, it's just early ones had the weaker flat seated holes.

Edited by SurGie

welshpug

naah, my brother inlaw has an 02 110 HDI estate with 6.5x15 alloys :)

retail is £74+ vat now.

pier_bruce

Or buy a cheap C5 which has the stronger tapered holed wheels, then strip it and sell parts. They dont appear that rare to me at all when there are lots of C5's about, especially the 2003/4 years instead of the 2001/02 which had the flat seated holes iirc.

AFAIK all C5's had the same wheels, it's just early ones had the weaker flat seated holes.

Ive been looking on ebay and there seem to be loads of the 16" . I did consider buying a c5 to overcome the problem but dont have the time to get rid of the car in parts.

pier_bruce

Some diligent ebaying worked for me.

yeah im on it still :)

Tesstuff

Very few around these days, as they are all stored in my garage :D

kyepan

item number 300529712962

granted it's only one, and pricy, but.. they are there.

also check out

they are the right size, photos are poor, but the part number is on here to help idenitfy, contact the seller and ask.

Hope this helps.

J

Edited by kyepan

SurGie

Typical ebay again, i found two other ones for sale that are not in the above listing numbers, when searching the above ones were not on the search pages, apart from the £82 one :wacko:

Ive already managed to get my self the stronger tapered set thanks to the scrap yard ^_^

They must be rare with Citroen still selling them, i got confirmation from them direct a few days ago :lol: Pricey though at £89.20 inc VAT a wheel but not rare at all.

Edited by SurGie

feb

I saw these earlier today, is the Picasso one the same as a C5 steel alloy then?

Edited by feb

feb

The german dealer uses a better exchange rate than the current one as they are 102€ each new.

Edited by feb

Anthony

also check out

they are the right size, photos are poor, but the part number is on here to help idenitfy, contact the seller and ask.

None of those are C5 wheels from what I can see, but rather just standard PSA steel wheels.

The biggest giveaway is the holes - there's 16 on the C5 wheels, but 14 on the steel wheels, and they're a noticeably different size/position too.

SurGie

Thats a bit of a better price at £4 cheaper per wheel, i dont know about the Picasso one's but i guess that they are not made from the alloy material. From what i've read they used these 'Allies' ie steelies in alloy lol, to save on transportation costs of these cars.

Photos of them are hard to see but i counted 16 holes on the first two listing number's :unsure:

Edited by SurGie

welshpug

i know that the 607 used a 16" but in 5 stud, not come across any others in the metal to check but the price on some does suggest there may be others available.

kyepan

there's 16 on the C5 wheels, but 14 on the steel wheels, and they're a noticeably different size/position too.

I did not remember the number of the holes, and the photos are not very good. I did remember the c5 have smaller holes.

but went down the route of asking the part number on the wheels instead.

no doubt someone will argue about the number, so here is a photo of my set of c5 steelies for that eventuality.

6f695353.jpg

and a retouched version of the poor ebay photo.

4f929d9c.jpg

Edited by kyepan

Tesstuff

Knowing the product better would help people's search for them. :rolleyes:

pier bruce is now sorted out so this thread can be closed, which considering the content may be a good thing :lol:

Anthony

Would it not pay to be constructive, and correct the inaccurate information to help people who find this thread by searching?

Tesstuff

Very true Anthony.

Both steel and the alloy 'steelies' can come with 16 holes, so that is not a way of identifying the product. I have had two 16 hole 'steelies' that were in fact heavy steel wheels that were refunded due to being not what I wanted and not as advertised.

None of the other 15 inch wheels mentioned above are the 4.8kg light versions that we know as the c5 steelie.

The mention of new wheels at dealers has no relevance whatsoever to a thread about locating second hand c5 steelies. The rare factor is the second hand item at a price people are happy paying, not some £80 a shot new item that no one wants to pay.

No one sells flat faced c5 steelies, all that are in the market are the tapered version. If you do spot a flat one then it will be a damn rare occurence, maybe buy it as a collectable antique for the future or alternatively keep talking about it and make yourself look the gimp you are.

Do not look on eBay for these wheels. The ones on eBay are being sold by people in the know, they have become aware that they have a market for them and charge accordingly. Go and get them from the other 95% of people selling them who have no clue at all what they are and will sell you a set of c5 steel(sic) wheels for £5-£10 a wheel. This involves a bit of effort , some time spent researching and then possibly going to fetch them. Most people can't be bothered it seems.

If you do locate these wheels somewhere do not under any circumstances ask the prospective seller if a magnet sticks to them, you are letting the cat out of the bag, and possibly costing yourself more money.

dcc

Dont be so silly Ant!

People dont know how to search...

Tesstuff

Dont be so silly Ant!

People dont know how to search...

:lol: