• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lapazlane

106 1.5 Diesel Fuel Filter Rotates Which Way?

lapazlane

I'm in process of changing clutch on 106 1.5 Diesel (so I can get it back on road and then get on with my 205 1.9 8V). I need to remove fuel filter to access top bolt of gear box. Can anyone tell me which way the fuel filter should be rotated to remove it (when facing the engine bay, looking towards the rear of the car.

I used a chain wrench and I managed to turn it ANTI-clock wise a bit, ie, rotating towards the driver side and it wont budge now, so I think I've tightened it (beginner mistake) but want confirmation before I try the other way.

If I can't budge it, can I just put a screw driver through it, like an oil filter.

Thanks very much

welshpug

yup, its a standard thread but screwed on from underneath so you will have tightened it.

lapazlane

yup, its a standard thread but screwed on from underneath so you will have tightened it.

Yeah, I thought so :blush:. Hopefully that's all that's stopping me now. Thanks for the ultra-quick response.

lapazlane

Yeah, I thought so :blush:. Hopefully that's all that's stopping me now. Thanks for the ultra-quick response.

With skillful use of screwdriver straight through it, removed in 2 mins. Now ready to undertake my first clutch change. :rolleyes:

Anyone know where to get a cheap 106 1.5 D fuel filter :lol:

(Side note - asked engine shop when my 1.9 8V will be ready so things are really starting to move along a bit again)