• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

What To Use To Stick Hatch Door Badges

feb

What do you guys use to stick on the "Peugeot" and "205" badges on the rear hatch?

I removed a "205" badge from a car at the scrappy in the weekend and it looks to have been glued, the 205 one came out fine but I broke the Peugeot one :angry:

ORB

I use double sided adhesive foam. Good quality reg plate stuff. Careful, it's not cheap!

rallysteve

A couple of blobs of silicone sealant

mogsman

Roll up a strip of duct tape. It'll last for a few months. Its what I do and replace the tape now an then.

Ian

Baz

I use double sided adhesive foam. Good quality reg plate stuff. Careful, it's not cheap!

This. Similarly the window trim/fake detail stuff as used in the building trade works well, it sticks like glue! Yet still comes off when you need it to!

A couple of blobs of silicone sealant

Never this, even if on a competition car where it's less as important, more faffing about than it's worth IMO and makes such a mess when you can just do the above so easily!

rallysteve

Never this, even if on a competition car where it's less as important, more faffing about than it's worth IMO and makes such a mess when you can just do the above so easily!

Would like ask what is wrong with silicone, or RTV sealant for affixing badges and the like? does not harden so wont fall off in the sun/cold. Makes no mess unless you are a fumbling idiot when applying it. Easy to peel the badge off and remove sealant if you need to.

Also with regards to not using even on a competition car??? Would like to point out that the police and other emergency services use RTV sealant to affix all of their auxilliary lights and sensors to the body work without damaging the paint so they can be removed at end of vehicle's service. If its good enough to keep blue LEDs on the bumper of an Evo X at 150mph im sure its good enough for a 205 boot badge

:lol:

Steve

Miles

RTV causes Rust on exposed metal, Only a couple do not. I tend to use Windscreen glue mind you won't get them off again in 1 piece, Gripfill is another good thing for a quick bodge, Cheap as the builders yard

Baz

Would like ask what is wrong with silicone, or RTV sealant for affixing badges and the like? does not harden so wont fall off in the sun/cold. Makes no mess unless you are a fumbling idiot when applying it. Easy to peel the badge off and remove sealant if you need to.

Also with regards to not using even on a competition car??? Would like to point out that the police and other emergency services use RTV sealant to affix all of their auxilliary lights and sensors to the body work without damaging the paint so they can be removed at end of vehicle's service. If its good enough to keep blue LEDs on the bumper of an Evo X at 150mph im sure its good enough for a 205 boot badge

:lol:

Steve

I do apologise Steve, it wasn't meant to offend or be damning to you or your method, i just disagree and wouldn't advise as such.

As above plus just personal preference. In my experience it just creates more work later on, again, what i'd call a bodge, doesn't mean to say it can't be done carefully/tidily and won't do 'the job' It doesn't mean it damns you or should offend you, i just see a better way of doing it. I could list about ten reasons why i won't do it this way, ranging from difficulty in removing/causing breakage at a later date, to the fact that unless you have re-sealable tube of sealant/RTV it always seems to go hard in no time at all unless you use it very frequently & use it up before it can, it's harder to make a neat job with it, takes some time to set, etc etc hence i don't see the point in buying a £5 tube of sealant for a job that can be done better, IMO of course, with something that's easier to use all round for the same or less money.

You really don't have to heed me though, neither does anyone else, you're quite welcome to do as you please, i will allow it. ;)