• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

1905 Mi16 Swop To 2.0Mi16

flyfisher

hi my 205 is running a 1905 alloy block mi16 ive been offered a 2.0 cast iron freshly rebuiltmi16. the current 1905 is running on full motronic loom injection as is standard in the early 405 what would i have to change to run the 2. litre cast block also on the standard injection any advice would be helpfull many thanks flyfisher

jackherer

You can swap the 1.9 inlet cam, inlet manifold, thermostat housing and cam cover to the 2.0 then you can use the 1.9 ECU, loom, AFM etc. The inlet cams are pretty much the same but you need to use the 1.9 one so you can fit a rotor arm to the end.

However if you use the standard 2.0 exhaust manifold it will be a bit flat, I have built a 205 with the above setup and a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold which worked out very well.

If your current 1.9 is OK I would just stick with that but if it has issues get a 4-2-1 manifold and put the 2.0 in and you'll be more than pleased with the result.

Josh_Quant

didnt relise that the 2,0 mi16 exhaust manfold is not very good?

mine has always been alright but it is the only mi16 i have put into 205

Miles

As said it works well with the 1.9 Injection parts fitted (Inc Cam) I did this on one of mine a good 8 years ago now and it did go very well indeed.

jackherer

didnt relise that the 2,0 mi16 exhaust manfold is not very good?

mine has always been alright but it is the only mi16 i have put into 205

I don't have any figures to back it up but I took the 4-2-1 out to weld up a crack and put the original cast iron manifold in temporarily to keep it on the road. It was noticeably flatter and when I put the 4-2-1 back it felt much better again. I've never noticed a difference with them on 1.9 Mi16s so I was pretty surprised TBH.

brumster

Engine mounts onto the casting are different, along with the alternator brackets, so make sure you get all the bits with the 2.0

If it's something that's had power steering and air con you might want to chop down the whole engine mount/alternator/aircon bracket casting as the thing is fecking monstruous :) but this depend on what you get.

Skim the following :-

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=109949

flyfisher

many thanks all for all the info .....flyfisher

Sign in to follow this