• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
philfingers

16X61 Cwp- What Is It!

philfingers

Any idea what this box is out of, it's got 16x61 stamped on the crownwheel? BE3 box.

I can't find any reference to it.

Anthony

3.81 FD - I believe some 205 diesels had them from info I've seen on the web, although I've never personally verified it.

Would probably make a nice final drive for a 205 daily-driver as it's somewhere between a 1.6 and 1.9 FD.

philfingers

Thanks Ant. there's some pics below, and it'll be in the for sale section! No use to me.

looks in good condition. Interestingly the ball joints for the selectors, one is the usuall 13mm but the other one is 10mm. Maybe that's a clue to it's origin?

£35 would take it away. .. . . .

th_IMG_0672.jpg

th_IMG_0670.jpg

th_IMG_0669.jpg

th_IMG_0668.jpg

th_IMG_0667.jpg

th_IMG_0666.jpg

Edited by philfingers

welshpug

not a 205 box by that top arm, what does the sticker above the diff say?

Miles

Around a 1991 to 1994 box at a guess, off a 06 or Citroen model as it's still got a push clutch too

welshpug

non turbo diseasel at a guess then :)

philfingers

the sticker above the diff is unreadable, it's paper as far as i can tell.

I'm almost tempted to strip it now and see what the ratios are inside! might make a good hybrid box!

I have a 4.8 that would maybe work in it, if it is a diesel box that is.

BlueBolt

What are the best cwp's to get hold of?? I got told the 4.4 off an mi16 box was the one to go for??

welshpug

depends massively on the engine and the use and your driving style.

not a massive job to pop the cover off and count the teeth :)

philfingers

16v road rally car, currently it has a 4.44 in it with 1900 gearset BE1, tho I have a newly built BE3 of the same configuration to go in shortly. I have a 4.8 which I keep considering but up until a couple of years ago I used the car on the road on the odd occasion (http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=100177 )

I bought the box as an Mi box, which it clearly isn’t, to build a hybrid box (as above) for a mate.

BlueBolt, yes an Mi (4.44) is good but it all depends on what engine and what use and the gearset too. If you want me to email you a copy of my gearing calculator then PM me with your email address.

As for this 16x61 final drive I’m just real curious as to what it’s out of!

Sign in to follow this