• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

White Identification

chipstick

Bit of a knowledge test for someone on here. RE a 205 'Open'.

A friend gave me a heads up of a white 205 in a scrapyard he visited as he knew I was after a bonnet if one came up.

First question to him was what year was the car/what colour dash so I could gauge whether it was a ph1/1.5 or phase 2. He came back with F reg and grey dash so I said oooo it's probably a 'creamy' white then - Alpine, which I need :wub:

He say's 'No, its quite bright, not creamy' :wacko:

It's got colour coded bumpers - is this what and Open should have? I imagine if not, it perhaps could have had a respray or something.

When was the 2 white shade cross over period? Mine is a mid to late '89. (if someone knows how to find the build date from the VIN or whatever, I would be curious to know as I am sad :lol: )

There was no paint code near the slam panel apparently to cross reference.

Obviously the ideal way to see would be to take my bonnet off and mosey to the scrapyard and hope for the best, but if I can avoid that with some of the knowledge on here it's going to save me a wasted afternoon.

I have the following pictures

eb24c5f1.jpg

10575ed7.jpg

3e794818.jpg

Thanks in advance :blush:

Daviewonder

A bit off topic but get the gearknob as they tend to split in half in hot weather :)

welshpug

they're all alpine afaik but the shade varied.

thats quite a rare 205!

johnnyboy666

I have a feeling the open did have colour coded bumpers as standard.

Im at work at the mo so I cant see the pics, so cant help any further I'm afraid, although i think the crisper white is 'arctic white' or summit?

chipstick

I could get the gearknob actually. I know the 1.0's are 4 speed and can't quite see if that is or not. ahh Google shows it as a 1.4 so should be 5 speed. The wheel wouldnt be a bad buy either really as it looks to be good. I presume it's the same as a GTi one, the middle bit will swap over and the material should be the same?

Seems they are quite rare. One careful owner :lol: Practically a UK rallye without the stickers?

Daviewonder

they're all alpine afaik but the shade varied.

Some people will say 205's came in Bianca white but I'm pretty sure Welshpug is correct.

steve@cornwall

tere's a bonnet on ebay currently at Launceston if you fancy the drive ....def alpine (POWT) as the hatch off that car is now on mine :-)

allye

Such a shame, that one looks real tidy! -_- The steering wheel will be the cheaper style one not like the leather GTI ones.

As you said they were 1360, I have a funny feeling they had TU3s engines?

chipstick

tere's a bonnet on ebay currently at Launceston if you fancy the drive ....def alpine (POWT) as the hatch off that car is now on mine :-)

Oh ah i've had a nosey cheers. 1991, suprised that's POWT.

Bloody long drive for a bonnet though.Fancy collecting it and delivering, more worth coming to see this way :lol:

steve@cornwall

Oh ah i've had a nosey cheers. 1991, suprised that's POWT.

Bloody long drive for a bonnet though.Fancy collecting it and delivering, more worth coming to see this way :lol:

was up there last week! 80 mile round trip and if I was going it would end up on mine! my bonnets bianca! and looks wrong .

weejp

I'd have the grill, there are never any decent 205's like this at my local breakers, makes me a bit envious.

Out of interest would a white '94 Peugeot 205 Diesel (non turbo) be 'Alpine' also?