• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stef205

Mapping Gti 6 Ecu

stef205

Im after some one to map my gti6 ecu, its a standard ecu etc, i have r1 throttle bodies on there and it runs using the standard sensors and injectors, just want it mapped propperly in case its lean etc. Im live in the south west, does anyone know of anyone that could do it? thanks

allye

No help at all but I lifeguarded Lyme Regis beach last year! :lol: Never saw you around though, I was driving the Rallye around there and Bridport, did you see me?

stef205

no mate i didnt i was prob still building it at the time at the workshop. haha

Cameron

Pretty sure they aren't mappable.

Paul_13

Pretty sure they aren't mappable.

They can be mapped. Miles mentioned a contact to me.

[L'e$kro]

They are mappable. The Rotrex supercharger kit for the gti6 is using standard management with an eprom made by Chipwizzard I think.

Nico

allanallen

Yep, Wayne schofield at chipwizards is the only place I know of that can map them. He's in Rochdale ( I think) and your looking at around £400.

I highly rate him, I've had 2 cars mapped there and they are/were perfect.

stef205

Yep, Wayne schofield at chipwizards is the only place I know of that can map them. He's in Rochdale ( I think) and your looking at around £400.

I highly rate him, I've had 2 cars mapped there and they are/were perfect.

i have hear of wayne but thats a fair way for me to drive, i was looking for some one abit closer

welshpug

Probably better off buying a DTA and visiting Sandy if he has time to fit you in :)

marksorrento205

Wayne @ chipwizzards will be mapping my rallye when its done. But to be fair its only down the road from me. But worth the trip from the feedback from others!

Miles

That's it, Hence why I never bother with the std ECU and generally go with Omex, plus you get a good ECU at the end of it too

allanallen

That's it, Hence why I never bother with the std ECU and generally go with Omex, plus you get a good ECU at the end of it too

Very true, aftermarket ecu's will always have a good re-sale value whereas a mapped gti6 ecu has very little to non.

stef205

I have been offered a luminition c460 ecu but with out any loom etc for £150 can anyone tell me any info on these, can you get the loom on its own.

Miles

Very Very old, External Amp's and finding someone hwo can map them would be difficult, the only bloke I used stopped using them as he went with Motec and is in the nice position of choosing what he wants to do.

Henry Yorke

I have thought about getting my Motronic 3.2 mapped to properly suit my set up, but at £400 it is not really cost effective and the money is better spent on a proper ECU for the reasons mentioned above. A bespoke ECU has zero value to anyone but the owner of the engine it was mapped on.

However I am sure if you went back after future mods to get it remapped, then it will be cheaper as the desoldering and socketing will have already been done and potentially you could change the map yourself on a PC and burn a new chip with an EPROM programmer. However you need to know what you are doing and you would benefit from a rolling road session

stef205

I have thought about getting my Motronic 3.2 mapped to properly suit my set up, but at £400 it is not really cost effective and the money is better spent on a proper ECU for the reasons mentioned above. A bespoke ECU has zero value to anyone but the owner of the engine it was mapped on.

However I am sure if you went back after future mods to get it remapped, then it will be cheaper as the desoldering and socketing will have already been done and potentially you could change the map yourself on a PC and burn a new chip with an EPROM programmer. However you need to know what you are doing and you would benefit from a rolling road session

well turns out the loom is expensive and having a read they are old, loom is £200 so will give it a miss

j_turnell

I know Pug1off are trailing a remapped ecu and cam package at the moment did some testing on our rollers with good results. But for ultimate flexibility for fine tuning and possible further mods I'd go omex.

stef205

well i was looking at the emerald k3 ecu and the omex but omex seem to be abit more. Could i modified my excisting loom or would it be a completely new loom and sensors?