• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kamel6k

Gti6 Ecu Unlock

Kamel6k

Hi,

I'm going to remove the engine from a Xsara VTS. Someone told me that with the engine running, if i unpluged the ECU it would be unlocked. My question is if it's possible to unlock it with the key in the ignition and position ON without turning the engine.

I'm asking becouse the car is as stop one year ago and hasn't got water pipes connected and i don't want to fire the engine without changing fluids. But after removing it from the car i will never be able to power it again with the original keys...

Thank you!

• Like 1

Anthony

Just turn the key to ignition on (ie 2nd click, where it would normally be with the engine running) and wait a moment or two for the immobiliser light on the dashboard to turn off. Just unplug the ECU without switching the ignition off, and Bob's your uncle - one unlocked ECU :)

No need to have the engine actually running, and indeed, I'd personally suggest that it's not the best idea in the world unplugging an ECU with the engine running due to the risk of spiking etc - although clearly plenty of people do so without problem.

Kamel6k

Just turn the key to ignition on (ie 2nd click, where it would normally be with the engine running) and wait a moment or two for the immobiliser light on the dashboard to turn off. Just unplug the ECU without switching the ignition off, and Bob's your uncle - one unlocked ECU :)

No need to have the engine actually running, and indeed, I'd personally suggest that it's not the best idea in the world unplugging an ECU with the engine running due to the risk of spiking etc - although clearly plenty of people do so without problem.

Thank you very much, hope soon i'll be a 205 gti6 owner...

By the way, conversion wise:

Is there any known angle for the manifold and mesure for the downpipe cut or it has to be done with the engine mounted?

rallysteve

Does anyone know if this works on the HDI ecus too?

Steve

Anthony

I have never personally tried it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't as I believe that they employ a very similar system.

(on earlier pre-multiplex models like 306's anyway - I'm not sure how its done on the later multiplex stuff)

rallysteve

Cheers Anthony, only reason is we are looking to upgrade the 90bhp HDI on a friends Berlingo to use the intercooler and ECU from a Xsara HDI if I can ever find one in the scrap yard.

Cheers Steve

welshpug

wont need the ecu though a decent remap wouldnt hurt, i think hdi berlingi+partmers wouls be multiplex and need the numerois control units programming to work with each other

megavolt0

Hi, guys! My friend has removed the XU10J4RS engine from Citroen XSARA VTS. The immobilizer was with the keyboard. What are the way of unloking this ECU?

P.S./Sorry my English

Anthony

I didn't know that Xsara's ever had the keypad immobiliser - possibly only in non-European markets.

Anyway, to unlock ECU's with a keypad immobiliser - switch the ignition on, enter the code in to the keypad so the light turns green, and then whilst the ignition is still switched on, unplug the ECU.

megavolt0

What we can do, if we have no code, loom - handmade? And we don`t find shematic with keyboard wire...

megavolt0

I am sorry. Engine from England. ( Friend lives in other city). He recived just engine and ECU. Can he unlocked ECU without IMMO-transponder? (if it was without keyboard)

Sign in to follow this