• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
speno

Miami Not So Nice

speno

Hello Folks

Last year i had the bright spark of an idea to build a garage to put my 205 in and tinker with , built said double garage . now instead of doing my Steel grey one , ive bought about 3 or 4 205 gti's and stripped them down for bits etc also made some money on them on ebay as you do :o)

I have a silver k plate 1.6 waiting for me to track day it up ( i have all the bits ,well most ) Soo i did the logical thing and bought a 1.9 miami blue j plate 96k on it

Its an ex just gti car as it has it paster'd on the number plates and back window soo someone prob paid big dollar for it a while back . the guy who i bought it off was going to mi 16 swap on it , so he started striping the engine in the car , ok fair play to him . But he swears blind the engine was a sweet as a nut . now here comes the big no no he removed the HEAD BOLTS leaving the cam belt on , also took spark plugs out and injection manifold and left them uncovered Also the guy ripped the dash out without unscrewing screws to put bx clocks in (he never put them in) ( i though they were the same clocks anyways ) . lucky enough i have enough spares to reply broken bits of dash

Rest of the car is pretty straight , beam ok and everything pretty standard ,think its got a ansa exhaust or something like that . my plan was to whip the engine out and put another lump in what's been sitting in my garage , Then i found the old dreaded rusty inner wings ( i did see it when i passed over my cash to him but didnt think it was that bad ) passenger side was shot , drivers got away with rust treatment

so decided to strip the whole suspension , lower arms , subframe etc and refurb them

Got my self a welder ( never welded anything before in my life ) and this is where im at now ...

speno

Some progress made over last week

• Like 1

omega

wow you have been busy

bx clocks are diffrent as they have numbers on them.

speno

My gas has been off all last week , so the garage is the warmest place ;)

he kept the bx clocks but good to know cheers :o)