• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ben25

How To Add Rear Camber On 205 / 309 / 306

ben25

Ben, could you supply the link to the french forum?

Has anybody have this setup on his car?

Do you need the 207 brake caliper or does it work with the 205 caliper?

http://forum.jsoclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=155647&start=10

It seems that 205 caliper don't work but I'm not 100% sure of that.

For the DS3 R3 rear shim's I don't know , I'm going to ask it on French forum.

welshpug

That DS3 item looks a far better idea, just swap the whole plate to alter the camber by the look of it.

1000 euro's for the full kit but looks like that includes wheel studs too.

mollisk

Some information on how Peugeot carried out this mod.

I have recently reconditioned a rear group 'A' beam from an ex-works car.

The trailing arms on the beam are modified as follows to give approx 1 degree of negative camber :-

1. The stub axle locating hole in the trailing arm has been bored to the required angle, the diameter is increased from 25 m/m to 26.2 m/m

2. The flat surface for mounting the caliper mounting bracket has been machined to give the the required angle.

3. The four M8 mounting holes have been re-drilled and heli-coiled to the required angle.

4. New stub axles have been machined with a step on the outside diameter to give a press fit in the new 26.2 m/m bore.

I have not had the beam on the car yet to measure the exact camber / toe figures.

The beam is an early version with smaller spline diameter torsion bars. The brake specs are as follows :-

305 discs mounted on modified hubs ( Machined from a 205 drum brake )

AP 2 pot calipers ( As used on formula ford cars ) on fabricated mounting brackets

Regards,

Mollisk

• Like 1

allanallen

Some information on how Peugeot carried out this mod.

I have recently reconditioned a rear group 'A' beam from an ex-works car.

The trailing arms on the beam are modified as follows to give approx 1 degree of negative camber :-

1. The stub axle locating hole in the trailing arm has been bored to the required angle, the diameter is increased from 25 m/m to 26.2 m/m

2. The flat surface for mounting the caliper mounting bracket has been machined to give the the required angle.

3. The four M8 mounting holes have been re-drilled and heli-coiled to the required angle.

4. New stub axles have been machined with a step on the outside diameter to give a press fit in the new 26.2 m/m bore.

I have not had the beam on the car yet to measure the exact camber / toe figures.

The beam is an early version with smaller spline diameter torsion bars. The brake specs are as follows :-

305 discs mounted on modified hubs ( Machined from a 205 drum brake )

AP 2 pot calipers ( As used on formula ford cars ) on fabricated mounting brackets

Regards,

Mollisk

This method is pretty much how we modify rear arms, albeit with more negative camber.

petert

An easier way is to fix the trailing arm in a jig and heat half way along with an oxy torch(s) until the desired camber/toe-in is achieved.

mollisk

Just for information, I checked the camber on the beam today and its 1 deg negative.