• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marcdimma

[engine_work] 205 V6 Project

steve@cornwall

Think I've sorted it with a bit more cutting of the front bumper to bring it forward.

I'vealso got my front crossmember tacked on and will remove the engine after everything's dry fitted then do a bit of strenthening.

got some nice shinny powder coated parts to go on. I've got my self some motodrive side mounted bucket seats does anyone have some pics or ideas on how to fit them? I thought about getting rid off the old mounts and fitteing some bars across to take the side mounts unless someone has a better way ?

Without seeming like the spelling / grammar police (left a lot of that alone :) ) It's just layout that helps make things more readable, and no txt-type word shortening. Many of our users do not use English as a first language, so it helps us to help ourselves - it's not meant in an unfriendly manner at all.

unariciflocos, does the above help at all ?

Edited by steve@cornwall

unariciflocos

Steve, as you already pointed out it's not the spelling or grammar that's making it difficult to follow, it's having this huge block of text with no punctuation and no separation of ideas or sentences. Usually just hitting the Enter key every now and then makes a reply more readable. I've seen this on most forums and I encounter the same difficulty in any language.

It was an exaggeration that I couldn't read the reply, it just takes a LOT more effort when the text is not properly laid out. And just to prove that it's not a language barrier thing you should know that I'm fluent in English, I work for a British company and can speak 2 other languages apart from my native one.

Now back on topic, I'm just trying to help. I ended up selling my almost complete V6 conversion and the guy I sold it to still has the exhaust and front suspension to sort out and it should be road worthy.

steve@cornwall

Steve, as you already pointed out it's not the spelling or grammar that's making it difficult to follow, it's having this huge block of text with no punctuation and no separation of ideas or sentences. Usually just hitting the Enter key every now and then makes a reply more readable. I've seen this on most forums and I encounter the same difficulty in any language.

It was an exaggeration that I couldn't read the reply, it just takes a LOT more effort when the text is not properly laid out. And just to prove that it's not a language barrier thing you should know that I'm fluent in English, I work for a British company and can speak 2 other languages apart from my native one.

Now back on topic, I'm just trying to help. I ended up selling my almost complete V6 conversion and the guy I sold it to still has the exhaust and front suspension to sort out and it should be road worthy.

You've nothing to prove - from your posts i would not have any doubts about your language skills, or guesses as to your nationality - location means nothing there! And that you are being helpful is also in no doubt. We do, of course, have other members who are not as fluent in what may be their second, third or more language. Perhaps one of us is reading out of context.

marcdimma

sorry for my thread to cause a problem.Im a builder i dont use much writeing/typing materials last time i did was at school

No update on the covertion yet got a new arrival to my family my new baby daughter so all my time is with her

steve@cornwall

sorry for my thread to cause a problem.Im a builder i dont use much writeing/typing materials last time i did was at school

No update on the covertion yet got a new arrival to my family my new baby daughter so all my time is with her

Don't think there's a problem...... Sorry if I interrupted the flow of your thread, all trying to be helpful, if maybe a little clumsily :)

marcdimma

LITTLE UPDATE

Not had much time on the car.done a few small jobs

got my 406 gear shifter (not fitted) any1 got some pics of the shifter mounted not got round to it yet so unsure of how its mounted

HELP needed with clutch system

got some news from dan on the clutch its been moded to be used with a cable not a fluids not got too much info if any1 has a clue will be great

rad and fans mounted front support bar is in just need some brackets for rad.Gunna fit a top cross bar for top of rad as ive got it sitting low

Gunna run my coolant pipe below my rad got a alloy pipe to use onto a u bend

Has any1 fitted a oil cooler to the v6 i know therers not a lot of room but if i can find the room ill sling 1 in

Also maybe a oil catch tank to help with the engines health ive got my battery space free so wanna fill i

Not got round to the master cylinder got a taperd plate to foit behind the servo to tilt it SLIGHTLY dont like the look of the butcherd timing cover

marcdimma

Finally sorted my rad and coolant pipes. Fitted the gear shifter but having trouble getting the blooding thing into gear only goes into 1st and 2nd

Sorted the clutch system out need to make a bracket for the cable but the idle control vale is missing so need that in first

v6up008.jpg

the missing idle valve

v6up006.jpg

v6up005.jpg

v6up004.jpg

v6up003.jpg

Goliath

Are you using the gearstick you got with the conversion package? I had the same problem with only getting 1st and 2nd and it turned out I had the wrong gearstick (from a diesel 406 coupe I think) once I got the correct gearstick I could select the gears fine.

I have drawn a little image to try and illustrate how the clutch setup works with your modified gearbox...

v6clutchsetup.jpg

Where the green box says 'Fixed', that is where you need to fix a little black bracket (you should have got with conversion) to the gearbox bolt directly inline with the clutch arm. I should be a funny shaped black bracket with a big hole in one end for the gearbox bolt to go through and 2 small holes the other end for the end of the clutch cable to go through. You push it through one hole, then double it back through the other hole, then put the bolt on the threaded end of the clutch cable.

marcdimma

Yes your right had a bit of head scrathing at first trying to sus it out didnt come with any bracket but ill be able to modify 1

ill try the v6 gear rods

thanks for the diagram

marcdimma

quick update

jobs done

clutch cable fixed

throttle cable fixed

gear rods n shifter fitted but wrong shifter so need too change for v6 shifter

coolant pipes dry fitted and modified to fit

rads n fans fitted/brackets made

driveshafts in.With plenty of clearance

subframe in and spaced off

timing belt cover cut for servo and master cylinder clearance

exhaust fitted

fuel pipes and filter fitted

custom top mount fitted

front support bar fitted

electrics ready too go already been modified to fit the 205

jobs left too do

need unlocked ecu

modifiy a slam panel

airflow pipe needed

egr valve needs fitting

lambda sensor needed

breather pipes need fitting

Havin a bit of a break with the v6 trying too get my blue gti sorted ill get some pics of them both up

Rob Turbo

I've got an unlocked ecu, or I can unlock a locked one if you have one.

marcdimma

pug paul has saved 1 for me.Getting xmas out of the way and ill get 1

marcdimma

got a few pics sorted got my 1.9 engine ready for pump n timing belt kit

sorted my intake pipe got the breather attached just need the air sensor fitting

v6pics222.jpg

v6pics220.jpg

v6pics219.jpg

v6pics218.jpg

welshpug

these dont have egr...

marcdimma

sorry ment idel control valve got egr in my heads as mines gone on anotther motor

marcdimma

new update

finally got the v6 running sounds lovely shame i took it straight back out.Plans for engine are a quick clean n paint and powder coat a few bits

got engine cleaned for my blue pug and fitted.Have loads of jobs too do

Coolant system

loom

exhaust

interior

gti trim missing

bonnet needs painting

SAM_0182.jpg

marcdimma

new update not had much time on the car.Work has been really busy

got most of the powder coated parts on the engine

powdercoated

headertank /washer bottle white

strut brace white

inlet manifold gold

thermostate housings yellow

strut top mounts red/gray

top engine mount white

sump gold

gearbox end casing gold

calipers and hangers gold

subframe satin black

track control arm gunmetal grey

throttle cable holder white

fitted new track rod ends

new pug sport 309 wishbones

all poly bushed

new anti roll bars

new wheel bearings

full engine service

new gearbox seals

carbon fibre enclosed filter

new strut top bearings

seat mounting rails are wldering in i made them out off unistute normaly used to hang/suspend aircon units .The new bucket seats i have are motodrive pro with repainted backs in white also fitted with sparco seat mounts

more pic too follow

v6dimma.jpg

v6dimma1.jpg

• Like 1

StuF215

I always find it interesting seeing how these conversions pan out, everyone does them differently from the last person.

Are you going to leave your cam pulley exposed like that? I didnt have to remove any cover material for clearance although I did give the servo a little inwards 'persuation' where it rubbed :D

Stu

marcdimma

timeing cover was already chopped maybe u could help with coolant pipe issue

all rad hoses are sorted just got the thermostate to the header tank and heater matrix too sus

My issue is i have 2 outlets from header tank but yet 3 from near thermostate as u can see from pic the grey pipe was as an existing metal 406 pipe cut short.If im correct goes too lower header tank

v6013.jpgalso had some shiny new paint should have the rest painted next week

v6004-2.jpg

welshpug

one (or two?) of those goes to the heater.

james_pug

Hi mark paints looking good, are you going to pugfest?

Ive just done the coolant pipes on mine and what I've done is take the one that's painted grey on yours and the one above it to the heater matrix and the top one in your pic I've taken to the bottom of the header tank, then on the header tank I've taken the small one from the rad to the top and capped the other outlet off like the gti6 conversions do. I think it's right I have'nt run it up to temp yet cause I've still got to do my exhaust.

marcdimma

Dont think i can make pugfest pal.Its a bit far for me costs a fortune i will be attending french car show only on foot :(

keep me updated on coolant system once shes run upto temp not started mine yet keep putting it off

My plan for pipers were too run grey pipe to lower header as on 406 that is the same then tee off to heatermatix then back from matrix too lower hose outlet then for the top straight too top header outlet

welshpug

Dont think i can make pugfest pal.Its a bit far for me

pfft, tell the dutch guys that! or the guy from Norway that drove hs 405 T16 over! the V6 will do better mpg than the 8 valver and most 16's ;)

marcdimma

Lol maybe so

Takes me 3 hours too get there .car won't be ready for pugfest any way maybe next year I might drive it

marcdimma

new update

Started refitting the painted parts

I finally run the car upto temp and fans kicked in fine coolant circulates fine

Was checking for leaks and never noticed how the sump site so low too the floor hope its a bit higher once i fit the dimma wheels

paint023.jpgpaint026.jpgpugupdate005.jpgpugupdate003.jpg