• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie

205 Gti Or Integra Type R (Dc2)

Richie

Hey

I was just wondering if anyone had sold their 205 to move to a DC2 Integra Type R. I do have an itch for something sporty and vtec but i'd be selling the 205 to fund it (with a very heavy heart).

Obviously the integra is a superior performing car, but I don't really care about out and out performance "that" much these days. I don't do track days, and I don't need to get to work 2 minutes quicker than I already do. I simply enjoy driving something that entertains me.

i know i should go and test drive one and make my own mind up.

Anyone driven one ? are they as good as everyone makes out?

eddie bullit

Great car but a little bit dull if that makes sense. I think they lack character and I never had that instant bond whilst driving one that I had and still do for the 205.

Best thing to do is go and try one. Insurance will be a big jump though as will parts I suspect. Not that it'll probably ever need any!

Edd

damien

a very fun car but also very harsh to drive, i had a gti6 at the same time.

the itr was such a hoot to drive, never had any problems with it and was ok on fuel (32mpg normal driving). i always found myself driving the back roads just so i could have some fun in it.

on the over side of the coin its a very hard ride, too hard for plodding up and down the motorway (which i was doing) also it was too noisey for me down to the lack of sound profing. also found that the seat ware was really bad and every pannel was a different shade of off white (which is a comon problem).

they may be great weekend/track cars but i couldnt live with one as a everyday car, i ended up getting what i payed for it back as they hold there value very well.

13746436.th.jpg

27240498.th.jpg

46957525.th.jpg

72135339.th.jpg

5754097.th.jpg

Richie

Thanks for the replies. That's what i was after damien, that looks great. TBH though I don't want too much of a crashy ride. After the 205 i was after something a little softer for day to day driving. I have the use of my mothers garage for the 205 so i might just pick up a cheap gti6 and drive that for a bit. You can get them for about a grand now can't you?

feb

I find it hard to believe that being 10 years newer than a 205 they are more noisy than a 205 with GrpN mounts allround but then again I have not driven one.

Edited by feb

Baz

James_M has one so might be worth getting his POV!

MiniGibbo

Like night and day imo. the 205 is an awesome car but the integra is better if only slightly in every way..

Id personally go for a 96 jdm model.

j_turnell

I first drove a dc5 and wasnt that impressed atall. But then recently drove a dc2 and was very impressed, this example was lightly modified, handling and steering is awesome and you get a nice kick at 5800 with vtec.

Driving position is also excellent along with the huggy recaros. All in all if I retire the 205 to a weekend hack ill def be considering one as a daily! I'll be lookin for a 99 spec jdm of some description or maybe an Rx spec.

MiniGibbo

Yellow speeds in the rx are horrible though..

James_m

Ive had both for a few years now...

They are both so different its hard to know where to start really. I guess you could see they feel their respective eras really, the Honda feels a lot more solid and secure especially with the low driving position and the engine and gearbox are probably as good as you get for fwd.

205 is much more lively, and characterful, probably more fun if im honest

Refinement is quite poor as Damien says, the ride does'nt bother me but I get endless complaints from passengers on motorways about the noise, its just harsh and probably worse than a 205 even with no carpets somehow!

Personally I think i would only swap mine for a DC5, I just love the high rpm power delivery and gearbox.

Only problem is they are getting old, rust is a problem as with most jap cars, and parts are expensive.

Example, for a used gearbox £4-500, engine £12-1500

Plus double wishbone so loads of bushes which can be quite expensive.

Birdie

Both awesome cars, my decision to pick between the two was difficult, 205 was £1,100 cheaper to insure so that made my mind up.

feb

An interesting video where they discuss about the different revisions

The new face lifted DC5 ITR is put to the test against the old DC5, DC2 and a bunch of JDM sport cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7GDQ_kxnoY

Edited by feb

kyepan

Hard decision, worth getting a standard one if you do take the plunge though. I prefer them to all other vetch options I have passengered in.

MiniGibbo

Id disagree and buy the most modifed version i could, good money to be made turning it back to oem and selling genuine parts like spoon and mugen etc..

Richie

I've been looking at accord type r's too.

Superb value for money, highly rated fwd car with an LSD as standard. But I keep getting old man comments from my mates. I'm a bit concerned i'll need to get a beaded seat cover and a stash of worthers original in the glovebox.

And i'm not sure i could trade the 205 for an accord because the 205 is a more special car. Where as in terms of desirability the 205 and integra are highly regarded by anyone who's into cars.

happygoron

I've been looking at accord type r's too.

Superb value for money, highly rated fwd car with an LSD as standard. But I keep getting old man comments from my mates. I'm a bit concerned i'll need to get a beaded seat cover and a stash of worthers original in the glovebox.

And i'm not sure i could trade the 205 for an accord because the 205 is a more special car. Where as in terms of desirability the 205 and integra are highly regarded by anyone who's into cars.

Guy that sometimes posts on here sold his 205 for an accord r, bonzai I think? May be worth a pm.