• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Decent Replacement Standard Exhaust System

feb

Still got this good condition Bosal here with remnants of the sticker left on it...

Does it have the split?

I asked my local motorfactors and neither the Bosal nor the Klarius have the split they think.

Even the Peugeot dealer can't reassure me it has the split, he *thinks* it should have it being an original part but if he orders it then I must buy it even if it hasn't got it :blink:

Edited by feb

cRaig

Bit of a bump but did anyone come to any conclusions about exhausts? Im after a 2 piece exhaust for my 205, and there seems to be alot of disagreement/lesser quality parts around.

Thanks

Craig

pug_ham

Walker seem to be the most likely system to have the correct split downpipe from my recent findings but they were on used systems not brand new.

Marksorrento205 was in talks with blue haddock about getting a Walker system through him & I'm sure he had it confirmed by his supplier to have the split in place but never went thorugh because the person he was sourcing it for sold his pug after getting made redundant iirc.

g

matt.f

Mine was put on about 3 year ago and is a Walker and has deffinatly got the split

cRaig

Thanks, just need to try and find someone who can supply the right part now!

Craig

cRaig

Bit of a bump as Im still trying to track down an exhaust. I havent had any luck sourcing a Walker exhaust, if anyone knows where to get one?

Buypartsby seem to do Klaurius (need to call them up to check) a decent enough brand?

Also, does the part diagram look like the right part?

630186.gif

Thanks,

Craig

Edited by cRaig

welshpug

klarius is the new brand name for arvin-meritor.

last system I got from ECP was a walker unit.

pug_ham

I've got a Klarius centre box from the cat GTI on my car but have hardly done any miles in it to guage quailty.

It fitted OK though but like I said in a previous reply, it didn't have the correct split downpipe design (no split at all) so I rejected it..

g

Ryan

I know Anthony said the split doesn't really matter on the GTI-6, but how about the old Mi16?

welshpug

would think it does as the original mi16 downpipes did have them.

feb

Have you tried a Peugeot dealer?

I just bought a backbox from them, part number 172634 it is made by ECIA so I assume the downpipe Peugeot supplies is also made by ECIA (hence has the split).

Edited by feb

cRaig

Peugeot service box lists it at £253, which seems like alot of money for what it is. Im going to give them a call and see what their best price is, as they are quite good at negotiating a good rate of discount.

feb

There is a market for someone with good welding skills to take "standard" ehxausts without the split and convert them to OE spec then!

What discount do you get on parts?

I have only bought a few things and get -10% .

Edited by feb

Tom Fenton

I don't know about "good welding skills" I think more like "good magician skills".

feb

Has anyone actually done any back to back testing either via his butt dyno or even better RR dyno between a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 downpipe in a 8V?

Anthony, having driven the car with the 4-2-1 previously and 4-1 recently do you remember any differences?

I guess they were so small that one has to drive the car back to back to be able to judge.

cRaig

The best price Ive got for a walker front section is £150. Still waiting for a few places to get back to me, but pleased ive made some progress tracking down a supplier..

feb

Craig clear your inbox! :)

cRaig

Just to confirm, is 1704 95 the correcnt peugeot part number for the exhaust front part up to the back box? The part diagram seems to show it narrowing to a smaller diameter pipe, rather than to a clamp fitting flange? Its part number 1 in the diagram.

2c17a50a.jpg

Thanks

Craig

(I may have been able to negotiate peugeot into the same ball park price for the exhaust, so want to make sure Im talking about the right part lol!)

Edited by cRaig

welshpug

yeah it is correct, looks like the drawing wasn't amended to show the small detail, look under the phase1-1.5 and you'll see the confirming detail.

1704 46 NFP EXHAUST FT PIPE - UNTIL - 1990 WITH INTERMEDIATE PIPE

1704 95 - INJECTION AND XU5J SINCE - 1990

- INJECTION AND XU5JA SINCE - 1990

- INJECTION AND XU9JA SINCE - 1990

pug_ham
The best price Ive got for a walker front section is £150.

I had found them for under £100 but can't remember where it was now (other than from blue haddock)

Maybe send marksorrento205 a pm to see if he is able or willing to speak to Kev & get somewhere with them because he doesn't seem to want my money.

Ecia re the original 205 GTI exhaust manufacturer so I'd liek to think it is still the correct split downpipe design.

g

cRaig

In case anyone is curious in the future, I thought I would update this thread with my findings. Peugeot still supply an ECIA exhaust under part number 1704 95, and it does indeed have the correct spec split downpipe :)

Craig

img3046b.th.jpg

Edited by pug_ham
Image filesize, 160k max or use the imageshack supplied thumbnail code as above.

eddie bullit

What's that cost Craig from a dealer?

cRaig

The book price from service box is £253.73. I managed to get quite alot off that, around 25% off

Sign in to follow this