• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

What Other Cars Do You Own?

custard-rallye

How has this thread went from what other cars you own to people bitching over mx5's

Apart from my rallye I own

Pulsar 411hp

Cti 1.9

And zx volcane daily drive

A friend had a supercharged mx5 was ace this is another local one to me

comingsoon1.png

Not everybody's taste but I like it ment to have a rotary heart soon. which is what the pulsar will sell for to fund a rx7 for me

feb

A car doesn't make someone more or less macho and who cares if a MX5 is not the fastest thing in the world.

It is all about how fun it is to drive.

It is also unfair to compare it with a much more expensive and different Elise.

It is still an iconic car IMHO as it has all the advantages (talking about when the mkI first came out) of the original Elan but none of its disadvantages.

Anthony

An MX-5 is much like a 205 in many ways, and certainly in so much as you're completely missing the point if you're looking at straight line speed.

A 205 GTi will get whooped by a typical diesel rep mobile these days, but so what frankly - it's a cracking drive that never fails to put a smile on my face.

The MX-5 is much the same, and in many ways an early 1.6 like mine and Kyepan's is very similar in terms of characteristics/performance/delivery to a 205 1.6 GTi, but with the added bonus of RWD and proper double-wishbone suspension as standard. It's not particularly quick in outright terms, but it's certainly quick enough to entertain and the chassis and handling is wonderful for a mainstream car.

An Elise is a completely different car to drive, and frankly as different from an MX-5 as an MX-5 is from a 205 GTi. Interesting that you imply the Elise is quick though, as in standard 118hp guise it isn't quick either in outright terms - it's fast off the line thanks to the lack of weight and M-R layout, but once upto speed it would be easily outrun by a typical diesel exec saloon. Again, you're *completely* missing the point if you're focusing on straight line speed.

Much of what else you've written makes little sense and confirms that you don't have the faintest idea beyond your own prejustice - complicated under the bonnet? There's oodles of space under the bonnet and it's more straight forward than a 205 for example, so I'm not quite sure where that comes from. Rust? Yep they can suffer problems on the sills and rear quarters, but no worse than many other cars, and there's plenty of rot-free examples out there (mine is one of the earliest examples and is completely rust free despite being 22 years old). Fag car? Well, if you need your car to prove how manly you are...

Personally I don't give a monkeys either way - I love driving my 205 GTi and I love driving my Eunos, and frankly, to me that's all that's important. If people want to think that I'm a beret wearing gay hairdressing surrender monkey then that's their call and I'll certainly lose no sleep over it, and equally, if they're happy in their soulless modern eurobox then that's fine too - that's not for me any more than apparently a poofs car is for them.

Now - anyone for a cut and blowdry?

SurGie

We just make the hairdresser thing up to keep all the trolls from wanting to own one. ;)

Do you have some sort of anti troll fetish :blink::ph34r:

205_sunderland

An MX-5 is much like a 205 in many ways, and certainly in so much as you're completely missing the point if you're looking at straight line speed.

A 205 GTi will get whooped by a typical diesel rep mobile these days, but so what frankly - it's a cracking drive that never fails to put a smile on my face.

The MX-5 is much the same, and in many ways an early 1.6 like mine and Kyepan's is very similar in terms of characteristics/performance/delivery to a 205 1.6 GTi, but with the added bonus of RWD and proper double-wishbone suspension as standard. It's not particularly quick in outright terms, but it's certainly quick enough to entertain and the chassis and handling is wonderful for a mainstream car.

An Elise is a completely different car to drive, and frankly as different from an MX-5 as an MX-5 is from a 205 GTi. Interesting that you imply the Elise is quick though, as in standard 118hp guise it isn't quick either in outright terms - it's fast off the line thanks to the lack of weight and M-R layout, but once upto speed it would be easily outrun by a typical diesel exec saloon. Again, you're *completely* missing the point if you're focusing on straight line speed.

Much of what else you've written makes little sense and confirms that you don't have the faintest idea beyond your own prejustice - complicated under the bonnet? There's oodles of space under the bonnet and it's more straight forward than a 205 for example, so I'm not quite sure where that comes from. Rust? Yep they can suffer problems on the sills and rear quarters, but no worse than many other cars, and there's plenty of rot-free examples out there (mine is one of the earliest examples and is completely rust free despite being 22 years old). Fag car? Well, if you need your car to prove how manly you are...

Personally I don't give a monkeys either way - I love driving my 205 GTi and I love driving my Eunos, and frankly, to me that's all that's important. If people want to think that I'm a beret wearing gay hairdressing surrender monkey then that's their call and I'll certainly lose no sleep over it, and equally, if they're happy in their soulless modern eurobox then that's fine too - that's not for me any more than apparently a poofs car is for them.

Now - anyone for a cut and blowdry?

Like is said ill never have one, there a car i used to like when i was a kid and into cheesy cars (like that green one above) then i grew up and never looked back, i like cars with aggressive features and they look girly imho. What i meant by complicated is, the amount of hoses and breathers i saw under the bonnet, for such a simple engine t seemed to have way to many daft things strapped to it. Which yeah still may not affect how easy it is to service etc but it looked over complicated for a simple 1600 engine i thought.

Im aware s1 elises die at 100 but i wiped the floor with an evo 8 in my brothers before round a 1/2 mile stretch of road and he only caught me once i hit 100 and the brick wall, that only had a de-cat and force feed. I guess maybe if they looked less tampax i would like them but itll never be a mans car to me.

Ill pass on the cut and blow dry but you can trim my beard if you like? :lol:

Edited by 205_sunderland

Tesstuff

Wow that came from the heart Anthony, one can see a raw nerve was struck there :)

To back up all you say , there is an excellent You Tube video of a pretty much standard MX-5 showing a Golf Vr6 that bhp isn't everything.

And also I have no issue at all with you being a poof, it doesn't stop you knowing plenty about cars and being a decent Mod :)

welshpug

LMAO at the clio!!

custard-rallye

Ha ha fail!!!

205_sunderland

Wow that came from the heart Anthony, one can see a raw nerve was struck there :)

To back up all you say , there is an excellent You Tube video of a pretty much standard MX-5 showing a Golf Vr6 that bhp isn't everything.

And also I have no issue at all with you being a poof, it doesn't stop you knowing plenty about cars and being a decent Mod :)

Mk3 golfs are the worst out the lot though, they suck big style and handle like a bar of soap with the heavy 2.8 on the nose thus why people prefer the corrado vr6 as its a better shell for the corners, these are all cars i class as small fries anyway my corrado when it was mearly g60 would dust a vr6 anyway so by principle it would of handed an mx5 its arse on a plate. The lad who came to test drive it from italy said it was one of the best handling vw's hed driven for a long while. I did have it braced left right and centre though.

The clip reminds me of the old advert,

Nicola...pappa...oh s*it :lol:

Edited by 205_sunderland

screwloose

205 Sunderland, a serious question: how old are you?

You do post uttter, utter bollox and I get the distinct impression you are starting to really piss people off with your tales of, quite frankly, babyish measures of what makes a car appealing. You seem to think straight line traffic grand prixs are the be all and end all.

With regards your 'race' with an Evo 8 there is no way a standard elise or exige, albeit with a couple of breathing mods, would stave off (that means keep clearly ahead of) any Evo 8 model In a straight line to 100mph. Idiot.

I have owned a series 1 exige and my brother a series 1 elise with breathing mods so can speak with experience/confidence on the matter.

Above all that none of it really matters.

Would you feel better if I sent you some crayons to draw a picture for the fridge door?

Edited by screwloose

Tesstuff

Well said Screwloose, that is why my forum view looks like this these days.

6325289743_b30cc03157_b.jpg

screwloose

Tesstuff, sadly I can't read that old forum post as it appears too small on my little iPhone screen. Dammit.

To what does it refer old boy? Ta

SurGie

You can block a member's post's to be viewed by you if you wish, its on the settings somewhere.

I dont really see the point of it tbh, curiosity and all that.

Tesstuff

Tesstuff, sadly I can't read that old forum post as it appears too small on my little iPhone screen. Dammit.

To what does it refer old boy? Ta

Ooops forgot the phone aspect :)

It shows that the forum settings for me hide all of his posts,I no longer see what he types, one can only read so much of that kind of nonsense :)

Tom Fenton

Makes certain threads much much quicker to find the sensical posts and ignore the rubbish.

Capture-2.jpg

See what I mean?

Edited by Tom Fenton

screwloose

Ha! Excellent work lads!

welshpug
:lol:

custard-rallye

off topic but is the green mini yours tom? was on the force racing site

Tesstuff

Makes certain threads much much quicker to find the sensical posts and ignore the rubbish.

Capture-2.jpg

See what I mean?

:lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant Tom!!

Tom Fenton

off topic but is the green mini yours tom? was on the force racing site

It is the Force Racing demonstrator car, I built it along with Carl, I did all the engine management stuff as well as painted it and a few other things. Carl also has a twin engine car so we usually take both to the big events and I drive the green one.

SurGie

Its a good thing that the people that feel the need to do that sort of thing are not teachers, the schools would be far worse than what they currently are. Its arrogance like that that brings this country down, its quite snobbery and soo far off topic it should be on the Natasha's off topic forum.

Baz

I guess you'd know.

screwloose

Oh Jesus not another one. You know the drill, pipe down Surgie with your nonsensical ramblings.