• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

205 Grpn Engine Mounting Kit

Baz

Yes as said. Direct replacement as the 6 engine uses all the same mounts as standard. :)

allye

Very good mod, and as its from BBM always great quality. I have them fitted, some people complain they make too much cabin vibration for a road car but frankley I don't know what their on about, after a few hundred miles they settle right in.

dcc

make sure you order for the right kit! There is a difference from the gti6 kit and the vts kit!

shalmaneser

make sure you order for the right kit! There is a difference from the gti6 kit and the vts kit!

Is there?! I'm running 8V mounts on my VTS engine + gearbox conversion and it seems fine!

Para

There is an option for XU and TU engines. No GTI6 / VTS. Would it be possible to make a group buy on these and maybe try to get them little bit cheaper ?

allye

As Para says, there is a xu and a tu set (lower mount different size) Not sure if DCC is getting confused with the collant conversion set as there is a VTS/GTI6 version of that (rear lower water block slightly different size I believe)

Para

Maybe somebody could contact Baker BM ( i don't know his nick name on this forum ) and ask can we do a group buy and would it be possible to get any discount ?

Miles

No all the water housings are the same, It's another huge mith they are different. I think where this comes from is the 8v ones which are different

welshpug
Notes: If you are running a Xsara VTS engine please let us know this with your order. The Xsara engines runs a different lower engine hose, we want to make sure you receive the right kit!

Miles

LOL, That should be on the 8v kits along with the later top stat housing hose spec,

Please don't take this as having a go or moan but I've had a couple of people ring me up about these and having to cut the heater hose to fit as nothing is said about this in the kit, Yes if you have an idea of what's what it's easy but you should never assume that everyone does like where do a buy a driveshaft from.

Para

Guys, I am talking about group N engine mount kit ohmy.gif

Chris_Mi

Para,

The avatar for Baker BM is Stew205

I've always been pleased with what they offer (although it can take some time to get a response on email communications from them). I've met Stew several times and he is a good honest bloke, and a decent company:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=107757&st=10

I think he gives discount anyway if you mention that you are on the forum, although I've never figured out how to do this (get the discount) when you order online - I think you would have to pre-arrange with him (i.e. not pay direct through their website).

Hope this helps.

chipstick

I see this thread has somehow gone from the BBM mounts to hoses :lol:

While on that subject I will add my 2ps worth.

The heater matrix cutting as Miles states should be mentioned. It prevents people being confused as to why there is a bend (from what I understand it's just an MI16 kit hose). OK, its a quick cut with a stanley. But, I personally think as it is so simple, it should be done before it's shipped to the correct length.

I, as I have heard with others, had the wrong bottom hose supplied initially and had to send mine back for replacement at my expense. The £2 postage compared to the £200 for the kit is nothing, but principles. Luckily I wasn't in a huge rush, but if it had held me up I would have been annoyed.

I also had problems with the ali thermostat adapter and had to file some material away and knock a washer off to get one of the housing bolts to fit. Odd, as I am sure they are mass CNC machined, but still put thoughts in my mind about the QC.

Hose clips would have been nice aswell, but nothing is mentioned about those, so can't argue

damien

ive got the complete bbm mount/hose kit.

the engine mount kit is the same between the 8v/16v XU.

when you first fit the kit there is abit of cabin vibration but after afew miles it settles down.

all the bbm kit is stamped with "bbm"

dscf4481s.th.jpg

dscf4482o.th.jpg

dscf4483u.th.jpg

dscf4484i.th.jpg

dscf4490.th.jpg

dscf4489.th.jpg

dscf4488w.th.jpg

Edited by damien

damien

the bbm hoses a fine too, mine are black and the right shape/size

dscf4485y.th.jpg

dscf4486j.th.jpg

dscf4487t.th.jpg

dscf4491u.th.jpg

dscf4492x.th.jpg

dscf4493.th.jpg

Masekwm

No all the water housings are the same, It's another huge mith they are different. I think where this comes from is the 8v ones which are different

It's not a myth, I had one which the kit didn't fit. There is another two people on this forum who've found the same.

My original water pipes were new from Peugeot and were too big.