• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CHRISWB

Advice Required

CHRISWB

hi l have got my self a 2 litre turbo engine from a xantia it hasnt come with the gear box or any mountings.

So l need to know to know the following bits,

l need to know what flywheel to use with my 1.9 gearbox?

l need to know what engine mountings to use?

The engine came with 2 ECU one was a engine ECU and i have know idea what the over one is for any ideas?

All help and advice would be really appreciated, thanks chris

Henry Yorke

Flywheel has to be one with teeth on for the crank sensor. Something from a later XU would work.

Engjne mounts are 306 XSI, but check first as I could be wrong.

ECU numbers, there was a thread I put up in here quite some time ago with all the options. Post up the number on the two ecus you have and someone may be able to help. A 2.0 turbo ecu should have a little pipe fitment into it for the map sensor.

Anthony

If it's from a Xantia then you'll need a 306 XSi/S16/GTi-6 style top mount arm.

XM ones use a 1.9 Mi16 type top mount arm (or atleast the ones I've seen do)

Flywheel wise most people just use an 215mm Mi16/GTi-6 flywheel and 1.9 Mi16 flywheel to match your current gearbox.

CHRISWB

Thanks for the advice I managed to get a top mounting fits fine.

I bought a flywheel from a gti6 but it measure about 300 mm will this matter? Also what crack sensor do I need to use?

Thanks chris

Tom Fenton

The 215mm refers to the friction area size, not the overall size.

Crank sensor you should be able to use the one that came with the engine.

CHRISWB

So will the flywheel that came with the engine be any good if the friction area is 215mm an will I be able to use my gearbox with it?

CHRISWB

Right I measured the flywheel today it measures 290mm over all and 235mm in friction area.

Will this be any good?

pug_ham

Did the engine come with a flywheel?

Right I measured the flywheel today it measures 290mm over all and 235mm in friction area.

Will this be any good?

Yes, it'll be fine imo.

You'll need to get a clutch kist as well, one from an Mi16 will be ideal but you could use one from the turbo engine as well afaik which would use all the clutch friction surface area.

g

CHRISWB

Yes I got a flywheel with the engine but the clutch that came with it was a pull type clutch. If a mi16 clutch is the clutch to get I will get one of them. Will this clutch fit on the splines on my 1.9 box? Also is there a hole for the crank sensor to fit in, on my box? Thanks pal

Sign in to follow this