• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

2.0 8V Turbo, 1.9 8V

stuart1298

does anyone know if i could use a cam from a 1.9 8v or even from anything else, appears my cam is distorted, when i reftted it, i had the little carrier caps the wrong way round, and broke one, got a new one and works fine, but my cam pulley seems that its not quite running true, been offered a 1.9 one just wanted to make sure this will be the same

Paul_13

Swap the cam pulley first mate see if that solves it.

I believe a std 1.9 cam is too lairy for a turbo. Iirc you have to get a gentry or a late gti cat spec cam. Could be wrong on the cat spec one.

ORB

I have a 405 SRi cam, I believe this is more torque biased than BHP (you will need to research this)

stuart1298

You can see the pulley is moving, and not in the way its meant to, when you look at the little bit of cam sticking ouit as it attaches to the pulley its a bit wobbley there, the loss of power isnt to much of an issue for the time being, just trying to iron out the little problems, so dont think this is causing any, but its something i can see by looking at it, so would rahter get it done, i can get a correct cam later on if it needs it

Baz

Get a DKZ cam, they're an upgrade over the standard turbo ones, pretty sure i have one somewhere!

jonnyturbo

think it goes in this order for how good they are, standard to upgraded.

standard cam

2.0 8v cam

1.9 dkz cam

turbo catcam or similar.

most people go for the 1.9 dkz cam, it will need reshimming if you change cam remember so more money again if you pay for it to be done.

you still having over fueling problems with yours? im down to my last remaining 2 it could be now which is the ecu or tps but cant justify spending money on both which might still not fix my problem.

stuart1298

Yeah, but no where as bad, one of the big factors was te little valve, its in the middle of a rubber pipe goes from throttle housing to oil housing thing, check that valve is ok, as mine was screwed, blocked it up and was a lot better, although have got a valve on order but back order

Might be able to help with a throttle position sensor, how much you been quoted??

jonnyturbo

£30 odd i think from ecp, how do you know if the valve is ok or not? its just a 1 way valve isnt it? how do you mean blocked up? think someone is comming down with his turbo car and going to swap bits from his to mine until we get it running right and then il buy whats necessary

i may have a spare one of these valves btw il see if i can dig it out for u tommorow.

Edited by jonnyturbo

stuart1298

Think it's meant to be 1 way, I donet even know, mine had blown through, so all the oil pressure was being lost, where abouts are ya? I'm starting to get the hump with it, starting to think about selling it as is

jonnyturbo

4 hours from you, near manchester me.

stuart1298

Fancy a weekend in Essex, free b&b lol

jonnyturbo

haha if my car was running fella id probley make a trip of it and go out round town to add to my list of places iv been pissed up in lol. does yours overfuel from cold (black plugs etc)? or does it run fine until its warmed up?

stuart1298

Always smells badly of fuel, well ya more than welcome mate, hitting colchester in a couple of weeks, getting a b&b night away from the missus ;)

jonnyturbo

take the plugs out find out if there black or not, does it backfire/revs bog down when you rev it from cold? whats tickover like? any smoke? funds are low at the moment due to hitting leeds which i will say is one awesome night out! especially the dubstep club on fridays anyway!

stuart1298

2 of the plugs are a little black, its a little low on revs on tick overs, when I just touch the throttle a little it can stall, when I've got my toe down, change gear, it's very hesitant for a second then flys again. If I rev it on the spot it gets a little smoky, bit fine when driving

jonnyturbo

done a compression test? water in oil or opposite or anything? what have you changed for new so far?

stuart1298

Compression is all ok, had that checked, mate of mine seems to think he can see a bolt on the turbo that's loose, so gonna tighten that up later and have a look, seen a fee people on here saying about a clicking noise which is injectors so may have to change them, it's had all new sensors, coil plugs leads, should the fuel presssure regulator seem like it's clicking?

jonnyturbo

itl be the injectors that are clicking, shouldnt be too loud though. i guess you have changed the coolant temp sensor? what about the ignition amp? werre did you get the engine from?

stuart1298

just added the results from the dyno to my other post

mang

i had this problem on my misses car for ages tried every thing couldnt find out why it was doing it but when i say tried everything i mean every thing i have two of these cars so just kept changing bits and still couldnt find out why it was doing it so i just took the boost controller out and stuck a doors divice in instead seemed to do the job.

jonnyturbo

hes fixed it now i think, he wasnt running with a knock sensor which caused him to overfuel so he fitted one.

Sign in to follow this