• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

What Connection For Front Washer Motor?

pugpete1108

some time ago my washer system packed and up and since then i have been running the jets on a manual switch.

i figured what with the whole loom out i may as well fix the issue properly :ph34r:

i have a ph1 loom but have gone for ph1.5 switches (seeing as the new shell is 1.5), now im guessing the ph1 only had 2 pins on the plug and the 1.5 has three (green plug in picture)

so can anyone tell me what wire i need to activate a relay for the washer motor? (i'll run my own wiring etc) and why is there 3 wires for the switch?

IMG_0034.jpg

cheers

welshpug

from what I can make of the diagrams one wire triggers the wiper relay, there's no relay for the washer motor.

pugpete1108

its odd as the wiper relay works when you pull the stalk back but the pump doesnt?

so i just need to figure out a feed for the pump that operates when i pull the stalk back then

i'll have to get the multimeter out and have a little look

cheers

Edited by pugpete1108

welshpug

I'd say that there's nothing wrong inside the car if that is the case, probably a bad earth or or connection on the motor, chop the plug off and make sure you have clean wire for new terminals to attach to.

pugpete1108

yeah, trouble was when i rewired it some years ago i 'lost' the original wires :lol:

i could try and chase them through the loom i guess

ade 4wd

The green connector shown is for the rear wash/wipe switch. As said there is no relay for the front washer motor. Find the 2 pin connector that connects to the front washer motor and check there is a good earth on one pin and 12V on the other when wiper stalk is pulled towards you.

welshpug

the original wire goes from the fuse box, pin1 of plug F wire 87.

there's a diagram in haynes showing the plug locations and code (of the plugs where they are plugged into the fuse box), and pug_ham posted a pic with the colours of the plugs a while back.

http://www.buzzboxx.co.uk/Haynes_205.pdf

(diagram isnt in there though the wiring diagram is)

Edited by welshpug