• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
baz205gti

205 Gti6 Will Not Crank

baz205gti

Hi,

Had this issue before but it some how sorted it's self out before, basically my 205 gti6 will not crank, I've checked battery and it will start my 306 gti6 so that should be ok, just swapped the starter to, what wiring is responsible for firing the starter, is that double relay thing on back of ecu box anything to do with it ?

I have had her driving for the last month, been replacing the fuel lines and working on the rear beam this week so must of done something :(

Anyone have an idea ??

Paul_13

I've just had the problem of the starter solenoid wire giving up. Been fine for the last few years.

Run a new cable down to. the solenoid from the ignition barrel and its fixed it.

Double check the gearbox earth is attached properly

Cross the starred +ve with the solenoid and see if it starts, will show of the wire from the ignition barrel is faulty

Edited by Paul_13

mikeygulley

I had a similar problem a while ago after changing my front suspension. It started fine straight after then 10 mins later nothing. It turned out to be a bad earth. Took me about 2 hours to figure out :wacko:

chipstick

Fuel inertia switch been activated by mistake?

CosKev

Fuel inertia switch been activated by mistake?

That won't stop it turning over will it?

Just cuts the fuel so the engine won't run.

Miles

Should't have those switch's fitted on the 205 anyway, But as said check the wiring first, is it clicking or just nothing

chipstick

Should't have those switch's fitted on the 205 anyway

Any reason in particular for that? I was just going to put the whole loom in :lol:

welshpug

they trip for fun at the smallest bump!

chipstick

Is it as simple as unplugging and removing them? Are we talking about just the inertia, or is there other crap that can be removed from it also? (already binned the carbon canistor piping)

Masekwm

Cut them off and solder the wires together.

There are a few other plugs that are unused on mine.

Miles

You don't need to solder anything if you follow the wires back to the relay,

I do and I think I am the only one that remove's all unused cable and plugs which is simple but it does take a while which is the main reason for other's not to do this if charging for the job

Sign in to follow this