• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
p1ahoward

205 Turbo Help

p1ahoward

hello there,im in the process of putting a 2.0 turbo from a 406 into a 1.9 gti.ive got the engine in, wired up and had it running but im having trouble getting it running right it seams to be over fueling badly ive bypassed the fuel pressure reg and put a fse valve set at 3 bar but still the same also its losses its spark sometimes.ive put a new crank sensor but no difference.my questions are

1.im using the 1.9 gearbox with a gti6 flywheel,dose the crank sensor need modifying ie is it ok to use the 406 sensor in the hole on the 1.9 box ,dose its sit a the right distance away from flywheel?

2.is it ok to use the 1.9 fuel pump on this engine.ive not been near the fuel pump as just though the 1.9 would be ok.

3.how do i now if the ecu is locked,i now the 406 had a keypad but ive put ignition feeds to the ecu pins and it started (sometimes anyway).are they prone for being faulty?

ive wired it up using autodata info checked it all again and seams ok but im running out of ideas now so if anybody can help it would be great even stupid things.

thanks paul.

welshpug

1, no its the same, TDC sensors on the XU engines in my experience tend to work, or not at all.

2, seems like it is for most levels of tune, certainly works ok with a standard engine.

3, it wont start.

jonnyturbo

timed up correctly? bare in mind the outer pulley on the crank pulley sometimes slips causing the timing to be out if you used the timing holes.

Henry Yorke

Daft question, but have you put the lambda sensor in the exhaust? If this is not in or has failed, then it will overfuel.

I put a 3 bar presure reg on my CTI engine, but if you were using the standard one it should be fine anyway, so try swapping off the FSE one just to check (though I really doubt that is the problem). The standard fuel pump is fine as that is what I run.

p1ahoward

ive not been near the cambelt just put the motor in and try'd get it goin,its got good compression,the lamba sensor is plugged in but not in the exhaust yet,ive been playing with again tonight and got it running ok then i turn it off left it and now theres no spark again?when i bought the engine i only got the loom upto the two plugs im not missing something im i.

jonnyturbo

coilpack or ignition amp is where you need to be looking if no spark, check for voltage going to the coilpack plug, have you wired everything up or just enough to get engine running?

p1ahoward

i have checked voltage to ignition amp and to the coil and its all ok,its not wire up right yet just enough get it running to make sure the engine is ok.starting to think the ecu is locked or immobilised as theres a crank sensor signal goin to the ecu by nothing coming out ie no feed to injectors or coil pack.anybody now how to bypass the keypad ie what feeds dose the keypad send to the ecu and if you put the keycode in wrong how do you reset it.

p.s thank for all the replies.

Henry Yorke

....the lamba sensor is plugged in but not in the exhaust yet.....

and there might lie your over fuelling issues......

gandalf

timed up correctly? bare in mind the outer pulley on the crank pulley sometimes slips causing the timing to be out if you used the timing holes.

I am having a problem with this on my engine, all the pistons need to be level ?

jonnyturbo

iirc yes, i have timed my engine up using 4 equal length welding rods and then timed the cam pulley using the timing hole and was spot on. most people get a 1.9gti pulley and time it up using that as its a solid pulley.

p1ahoward

i sent the ecu away today as i sure its something to do with that.just have to way and see what they say? i have no idea what to do if they say its ok?

Sinbad

is the lambda in yet??

jonnyturbo

what was the outcome of the ecu?

p1ahoward

well after a week in the ecu shop being looked at they still haven't got round to looking at it.thats what i get for telling them theres no rush? hopefully they will let me now sometime this week.

mang

if its spark and fuel i would say it was the fuel relay it controls both its the big brown/black depends what model box thats the first thing i would look at.

Edited by mang

Sign in to follow this