• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Para

[car_upgrade] Black 205 Gti6 - 1991

Para

Good point, there is few cosmetic bits which I will have to sort out soon. It's all about the details what makes it so enjoying to restoring the 205.

vinorak

great colour and old school aromatic tree :D

Anthony

That looks great freshly resprayed :D

I keep considering getting mine painted as the paint (in particular the roof) is starting to look tatty in places, and seeing pictures like that only furthers my want to get it done. I should stop reading this thread before it threatens to cost me lots of money :lol:

Para

Thanks guys, appreciate nice comment. ;) Straight after paint shop my "Grim Reaper" end up with my friend who is obsessed with car detailing. He will take or of the car from now on, for about a week or two car will undergo series of detailing stages including paint correction, plastic trim care, glass care and quartz and wax layer. Can't wait for updates ! I'm getting really excited.

This is how wheels were treated with Iron-X

46d8d1201845632.jpg 043c25201845664.jpg f33d35201845688.jpg

Paint correction test

dsc3360.jpgdsc3370zv.jpg

Edited by Para

Anthony

All I can say is wow! :o

welshpug

puts many "show and shine" entrants thoroughly in the shade!

BlueBolt

Certainly does!! That's pretty dam nice!!!

SurGie

I see you've been bitten by the same bug as me when it comes to detailing Mike, she looks better than brand spanking new, well done ;)

Are you glad you used the Gteching sealant instead of that other stuff, how many coats did your friend apply, the black looks so deep with colour ?

Para

Hi guys, I've collected the car today in 30 degress heat and beautiful sunshine. Very very happy from what we manage to achive, car is going like a bullet and it looks like million dollars (for me at least and that's what is all matter:) :)

Check it out the picture from when I first bought the car and how does it look now.

img3904rb.jpg

img0692kopia.jpg

• Like 1

Shark506

Looks fantastic, great work!!

cybernck

I was sick of black 205's, but yours has changed my mind! B)

You've outdone your previous 205 by far.

Now you need to get some pro photos taken, while it still looks like that ;).

un numero d'or

Two coats of Gteniq

SurGie

Now you need to get some pro photos taken, while it still looks like that ;).

There's really no need, the Gtech nanotechnology means it will stay that clean for months even a year or so, all it would need is some snow foam every few months.

Now if it had the EXO sealant coating, then that would last far longer. This is the stuff im going to use once i get a full respray.

You can add more coats than 2, even other versions of this stuff together, C1 + C1.5 then EXO and it may never need a clean again, it also highly protects the surface from scratches and swirl marks, not just water and dirt.

BlueBolt

You can add more coats than 2, even other versions of this stuff together, C1 + C1.5 then EXO and it may never need a clean again, it also highly protects the surface from scratches and swirl marks, not just water and dirt.

I like the sound of that!!! Expensive??

The car does look awesome though as it is at the moment!! I'm very impressed with the outcome!!!

SurGie

Yes it can be, especially if you hire a pro that will apply it very well. When spending around 2k for a respray its well worth it. They also sell other products like windscreen coatings, wheel protection etc.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/

un numero d'or

Two coats Gtecniq and two coats of Zymöl Atlantique should do the job for while.

SurGie

This stuff in any form can fill in swirl marks and scratches as standard, not sure about orange peel yet though.

Be aware though, you need to research the U tube how too videos, else the finish can go wrong during drying time. I have used it on a lot of the newly paints brackets etc to help prevent dirt build up and easy clean.

Para

Small update but very important. After finishing the 1st part of the project in Poland, car has been driven by me and my freshly married wife more then 5000km to Ireland where I am currently working (and living!). Car will stay here for a while, at the moment I have applied to register it on IRL plates.

Few days after arriving I went for an Open Track Day on Mondello race track near Dublin.

img2634e.jpg

img2652y.jpg

img2669tw.jpg

2 days ago I've done quick cosmetic update of interior by replacing the rear seats, now they look like this.

48611251.jpg

I am very very happy from the car so far :)

Edited by Para

cybernck

What gearbox are you using? 1.9 or VTS?

mmcgtk

Great Job,plenty of dedication and money spent here!! Nice to see a 205 infront of that jap scrap,cant see the attraction to jdm myself,ireland seems to be full of it!!

Para

Car is doing pretty well, after few advices I manage to put special 2 coats of Meguiars Mirror Glaze 16 wax which should protect the whole car pretty well for rough winter road dirt.

I got standard 5 VTS speed box in the car, pretty much happy from it.

filecj.jpgfile1g.jpgfile2u.jpgfile4.jpg

• Like 1

cybernck

I've just noticed you don't have a front towing eye?

X-mo

It's an Peugeot...you won't need one anyway XD

Love the work you've done on that car!!!