• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolt

Timing Up A New Head...

BlueBolt

I had a similar problem with my 205 rallye the otherday. Turns out I had broken the dizzy itself...so the cam wasnt driving the rotor arm.

Another thing for you to check maybe? Good luck! :)

Dunno, surely I wouldn't have a spark if that had happened??

stuart1298

Are you getting a spark on all four cylinders?

BlueBolt

Are you getting a spark on all four cylinders?

Yes mate, quite a good strong one too...

stuart1298

Shame you ain't a bit closer as it's an hour to get to you, don't mind the journey to much as I can double it up as a trip to are family. As I say will let you no when u get down, keep trying the ideas people suggest tho

BlueBolt

Shame you ain't a bit closer as it's an hour to get to you, don't mind the journey to much as I can double it up as a trip to are family. As I say will let you no when u get down, keep trying the ideas people suggest tho

Sure will :) That's number 1 reason I'm so glad it's opened back up again!!

Will update tomorrow evening with how the trials have gone, depending on weather to be good to me as the car's not under shelter...

BlueBolt

Spark 180 degrees out ?

Tried also... :(

Am out to play with it now, so will check through the ideas on here now and update in a couple of hours with results...

Out of interest, how much difference do the washers on the fuel filter piping make?? One of the one's off the top pipe have been lost and I'm thinking it may be letting too much fuel through.....

stuart1298

IMO shouldn't mate, but check it's not leaking or letting air in

stuart1298

Another thing to try, take the injectors out 1 by 1, put a bit of hose and run it to a bottle, take the plugs out and see If the plugs and injectors are going at the same time

BlueBolt

Another thing to try, take the injectors out 1 by 1, put a bit of hose and run it to a bottle, take the plugs out and see If the plugs and injectors are going at the same time

That's a good one!! Not thought of trying that!!

I've just tried the fuel pump one, and now have a new plan of action.....

I'm not able to play with it now till two weeks tomorrow :( but have got the assistance of my mates and we're going to go back to point 1!!

Line the bottom end up to TDC and then time everything up with that!!

Lining up everything from the cam, Vernia back to 0, dizzy in line where it should be and so on... then start with the tuning from there I think!!!

Once she's running it's getting taken to a company a few miles away to get timed and tuned properly, but I'm dead set on making sure she's running myself now and not going to give up on it till it's done!!!

BlueBolt

One other thing I've thought of.....

The injector plugs... When we took them off, I stupidly didn't mark the order they came off in wacko.gif

Does it matter what one's go on what injectors?? I know 1&4 and 2&3 will only reach to each other, but do they stream constantly or do they pulse with the sparks??

Thought they streamed constantly from what I'd been told by someone a few weeks ago, but am guessing i'm wrong about that after the previous post about checking the injectors individually??

IMO shouldn't mate, but check it's not leaking or letting air in

That's what I thought... Not leaking either, nothing coming out and therefore am guessing no air being let in.....

welshpug

they are batch fire, i.e all at once for every cycle.

if you have an adjustable pulley I would get a dial gaige and set the timing properly

jackherer

The injectors all fire simultaneously so the order is irrelevant. The washers on the fuel filter are important but they're just used for sealing, the pressure is controlled by the regulator on the end of the fuel rail and they are very reliable in my experience.

stuart1298

Wasn't sure about the injectors, but at least you no they all work...

BlueBolt

they are batch fire, i.e all at once for every cycle.

The injectors all fire simultaneously so the order is irrelevant.

Which one???

jackherer

Both! :)

'Batch', 'simultaneous', 'all at once' all mean the same thing

welshpug

Which one???

both, seeng as they mean the same thing

BlueBolt

Both! :)

'Batch', 'simultaneous', 'all at once' all mean the same thing

Oh... My error, thought u meant that they would inject individually, getting words mixed up lol

(the joys of a new born in the house and 12 days of sleeplessness that does that lol)

BlueBolt

Well....

The weekend has finally arrived where I haven't got much planned and so am spending Sunday playing with her again!!

Compression tester will be coming to me, along with a couple of mates and a shed load of knowledge within them!! Will have to wait and see how it goes!! Lining up the bottom end first off to TDC, then going to line the head up, and so on and so forth!!

Will post up about how it goes, if it goes more to the point blink.gif

Sign in to follow this