• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markw

Emerald K6 Onto A Gti6 With Jenveys Non Starter

markw

hi,

for some reason the car has stopped starting, it used to start and run but hasnt been on the road yet,

(after a 3 year build)and for some reason now the bastard wont start, ignition on you can hear the pump prime, it turns

over fine, but wont start, i took the plugs out and they were black and wet with fuel, tried the old

spark plug on the engine block while cranking but no spark.

checked all the fuses everthing is ok, and we have 12v to the ignition feed on the multiplug to the ECU

any ideas what to check next??????????????

welshpug

is the ecu seeing a crank signal?

Miles

Plug a laptop in a check, as said with the software running you'll soon see if the CPS is working

markw

dont know if it is seeing a crank signal, tried my laptop but the ECU communicates via

an old serial port cable, my laptop hasnt got this plug.

It uses a wasted spark coilpack, and over 3 of the 4 terminals we have 12v, how can i check the coil pack out??

Anthony

On an Emerald you don't even need a laptop - just look at the LED on the Emerald as you crank it over. If it flashes red and green alternating then it's seeing a signal from the CPS.

(if the plugs are wet with fuel it does sort of imply that it's injecting fuel too)

markw

Anthony,

Great tip

Went to check the LED while cranking, started red went to green and then started, WTF, been out there for two hours checking

things over and then it starts??????????

a complete new engine loom, jenveys and emerald and yet its still a french pile of unreliable s*it!!!!!

On an Emerald you don't even need a laptop - just look at the LED on the Emerald as you crank it over. If it flashes red and green alternating then it's seeing a signal from the CPS.

(if the plugs are wet with fuel it does sort of imply that it's injecting fuel too)

Redtop

Anthony,

Great tip

Went to check the LED while cranking, started red went to green and then started, WTF, been out there for two hours checking

things over and then it starts??????????

a complete new engine loom, jenveys and emerald and yet its still a french pile of unreliable s*it!!!!!

If thats the case I would just go through carefully and check the connections in the loom. Seen a fella get tortured by his quattro randomly cutting out on rally stages recently, and his problem was down to a bad pin connection on the plug into the ecu. It was just one of those things, but just trying to find it took time. That was a motec system.

Tom Fenton

Not quite- if its red the ECU has power. It turns to green when the engine is cranking and the ECU is picking up the signal. If it flashes red/green then really the starter isn't cranking the engine fast enough.

Anthony

Fair enough, memory clearly a little rusty - thanks for putting me straight :)

Sandy

Try a new set of plugs, not unusual for them to become totally ineffective through fouling when it's not set up right.

Simes

dont know if it is seeing a crank signal, tried my laptop but the ECU communicates via

an old serial port cable, my laptop hasnt got this plug.

Get a USB to serial adaptor. ;)

Paul_13

The happened on a mates omex ecu. Nothing for ages just cranking. Then out of nowhere it fired up.

Still haven't found the cause.