• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danpug

Xsara Vts Cooling Fan Staying On

danpug

I just changed the ecu coolant temp sensor on my xsara but now the fan is on permanemtly. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Anthony

Was it on permenantly before swapping the sensor?

On Phase 2 Xsara VTS's the cooling fan is controlled through the main ECU temp sensor AFAIK - on Phase 1's it's done using the seperate brown "Bitron" sensor.

danpug

Was it on permenantly before swapping the sensor?

On Phase 2 Xsara VTS's the cooling fan is controlled through the main ECU temp sensor AFAIK - on Phase 1's it's done using the seperate brown "Bitron" sensor.

No it was fine. Sounds like is that then, do i need to change back to the original green sensor and get a new brown one then?

danpug

I've swapped back to the original green sensor and the fan is still staying on........... :angry::wacko:

Alastairh

Is that an old or new sensor? Check the pins are making good contact. I've seen something similar on a ph2 vts before.

danpug

The replacement sensor was brand new, i've put the old one back on now. Its a phase 1 i presume being an R reg.

welshpug

green is for the ecu, brown for the fan.

fans will come on with the brown sensor unplugged as a failsafe, could be the control unit playing up, its a black bitron unit though im not sure where it is on the xsara, its under the nearside inner wing on a 306

Sign in to follow this