• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

Parking Ticket

notamondayfan

Hey all.

I received a parking ticket though the post yesterday, and would like your opinions please.

Basically about 3 weeks ago, my wife went down to Wolverhampton and used a pay and display car park (Snow Hill) and it was one of those that you have to type your reg into when paying.

Anyway, she says she put 90 mins on the ticket, and was back before the ticket expired. We can't find the ticket as it happened a few weeks ago, so cannot be 100% sure what she actually paid, and it doesn't state this on the fine either.

If she did out 90mins on the ticket, I feel very harshly done by, as the ticket states she was there for 92 mins! But my main point is that the cameras record the time the car enters and leaves the car park, so I'm thinking that it could take at least over 2 mins to find a space, park up, and go to the machine, then also to vacate the space, drive to the exit and leave.

Also the ticket says the fine is for not displaying a valid ticket, not for not paying for a ticket, or overrunning on the allotted time.

Can I also request further evidence, as all they are showing me is that my car entered and left the car park at those times? It's just bugging me that this arrives 3 weeks after our visit, and it's pretty unreasonable to keep hold of every car park receipt in case they are needed for proof against fines.

Anyway, I have attached the ticket, and would like your opinions if you think I can appeal or I should just pay the £60 and take the car keys off the misses!

Also, please don't suggest I ignore it as I really don't want the hassle, agro and stress from pricks chasing me and threatening me with court.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Dean

post-4976-0-85306500-1313754023_thumb.jpg

post-4976-0-38720100-1313754051_thumb.jpg

Ryan

Try the forums at www.pepipoo.com, they're very helpful.

But iirc private parking notices are completely unenforceable, they just rely on most people being scared into paying them.

tartanbloke

Afternoon,

You can always try to dispute this but the fine clearly states that it was due to not parking with a valid ticket/permit and you have no proof that a ticket was purchased. This makes things a little more difficult. :blink:

However, give it a try and see how you get on.

Masekwm

Bin it.

You won't win an appeal, all they'll do is send some letters and won't take you to Court.

Just throw it.

Edited by Masekwm

NeilGTi85

I got one pretty much the same about 8 months ago, looked on http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Due to it being a private car parking ticket and not council you'll be ok

Also they have to prove who was driving the car at the time as its the driver who is fined not the car.

Look on the above link for some good info, I binned mine and a month later got a final warning trying to threaten me with court, I ignored that and have heard nothing since.

There is also some good info on watchdog

tri_longer

The pictures are evidence of the vehicle arriving and leaving, which is not in dispute, but where are the pictures of the car not displaying the ticket. In other words their word against yours.

Secondly, it is the driver who is liable and as has quite rightly been pointed out the driver and regsitered keeper are not necessarily the same person.

I would also imagine that as it is a civil matter then there is no legal right to name the driver of the vehicle.

The value is pretty small so would fall under small claims, which means they will need to pick up the cost to take you to court if you defend it.

I would be polite and call them for further evidence and see what they come up with.

Arahan

Its my understanding too that these kind of non council tickets are completely unenforceable so id just throw it, as ive told friends and family before too.

Theyl threaten all sorts, raising the fine, court action etc even threatening you with you ending up with a CCJ but nothing will ever come of it.

I also have a friend who works for one of these companies and he's told me that they cant do anything about them too.

Hope this helps!!

Ryan

Theyl threaten all sorts, raising the fine, court action etc even threatening you with you ending up with a CCJ but nothing will ever come of it.

I also have a friend who works for one of these companies and he's told me that they cant do anything about them too.

Yes. They'll threaten all kind of things but nothing will ever actually happen. No parking company in the UK has EVER taken someone to court over a fine, because they know they'd lose.

Cameron

They can get a court order to get you to pay, but that's about it, there's no way they can actually force you to pay.

A good thing to remember is that if they ever use the word "illegal" in any reference to the parking or fine then you can report them under section 2 of the Fraud Act. I did this with a company that clamped my car (I removed it and drove off, there's a thread on here somewhere) and never heard from them again! :lol:

Another good thing is that (if it comes to it) Bailiffs can never forcibly enter your home, they can only be invited in by the home owner. This means if you're not home it's illegal for them to ask a landlord / neighbour etc to let them in. Just tell them to go away and they'll have to.

Paul_13

Shoot him! :lol:

Steve.C

Bin it and under no circumstances enter into any form of communication with them!

(Google Excel parking and see what comes up ;) )

Cameron

I got a parking ticket a little while ago actually, parking outside out local Royal Mail depot to pick up a parcel I didn't realise I'd parked in a taxi only space. (I'd parallel parked behind a taxi) I got to my car as the guy was typing in my number plate so promptly got in and drove off!

They've written me a few letters but they have no physical proof of me ever being there and no photo of the ticket affixed to my car so there's no way in hell I'm going to respond, let alone pay them anything! :lol:

Edited by Cameron

harryskid

I got a parking ticket a little while ago actually, parking outside out local Royal Mail depot to pick up a parcel I didn't realise I'd parked in a taxi only space. (I'd parallel parked behind a taxi) I got to my car as the guy was typing in my number plate so promptly got in and drove off!

They've written me a few letters but they have no physical proof of me ever being there and no photo of the ticket affixed to my car so there's no way in hell I'm going to respond, let alone pay them anything! :lol:

Suppose one of em is a member on here, they would have you bang to rights with that confession! :lol:

Arahan

Shoot him! :lol:

Haha!

He can be let off now as I think he quit, he's also a farmer :ph34r:

Cameron

Suppose one of em is a member on here, they would have you bang to rights with that confession! :lol:

Well not really, I didn't say where / when it was, who I am or what vehicle I was driving! :lol:

harryskid

Well not really, I didn't say where / when it was, who I am or what vehicle I was driving! :lol:

O ok but very close! :lol:

Phil H

Bin it and under no circumstances enter into any form of communication with them!

This...end of.