• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
discodeek

205 Mi16 Servicing Advice Please Folks?!

discodeek

Hey folks -looking to give the car a wee service -and want to know what/where you guys get your stuff from -main dealer/local/euro carparts etc...

its an 89g 205 with an 89 mi engine- jenvey tb's -i have been using mobil 10w 40 as a wee top up -but to be fair it uses hardly any- ever

i'd like to know what plugs your using ?

what oil you use ?

and is it worth my while changing the fuel filter ?

so for some rather vague/open ended questions -im sure i searched ages ago-and found out, but for some reason the search is pulling through loads of stuff........i dont want !!

thanks very much

Ross

dcc

assuming its a alloy block head, I am using off the shelf super4' spark plugs from halfrauds, managed to get them for £12.

Ive always used 10/40 oil in my 205, regardless of engine (8v/16), but a known brand. as for filter ive used motor factor items for the pugs, but when i had my honda they reckoned motorfactor items were cack.

fuel filter should be changed quite frequently, considering its about £5 it seems stupid not to.

Id also replenish your antifreeze :D

discodeek

assuming its a alloy block head, I am using off the shelf super4' spark plugs from halfrauds, managed to get them for £12.

Ive always used 10/40 oil in my 205, regardless of engine (8v/16), but a known brand. as for filter ive used motor factor items for the pugs, but when i had my honda they reckoned motorfactor items were cack.

fuel filter should be changed quite frequently, considering its about £5 it seems stupid not to.

Id also replenish your antifreeze :D

cheers mate- antifreeze -forgot about that haha !

fuel filter £5 -im sure its about 25 quid -for a bosch one ?!!

Tom Fenton

The fuel filters are quite expensive, on my own cars I do them every 2 to 3 years depending on mileage.

discodeek

cheers guys.

Sign in to follow this