• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
1905 adam

Which Fan Switch?

1905 adam

Hi,

I've tried searching the forums but haven't found this detail. Sorry!

I want to understand what the different temperature ratings are/do on a fan switch. My current fan switch is a 1264.18 with the following spec: 93/88-97/92. So...

93 Opening temperature - What's this?

88 Closing temperature - Is this the temp at which the fan initially switches on?

97 Switch Point - is this the switch point between low speed and high speed or what?

92 Shut off point - does this mean "temp at which the fan is switched off"? seems too high!

Many thanks!

Ryan

The 93/88 part means the fan comes on at low speed when the water temp reaches 93C and stays on until the temp has come down to 88C.

The 97/92 is the same, but for the high speed fan - on at 97C and stays on until the temp drops to 92C.

1905 adam

The 93/88 part means the fan comes on at low speed when the water temp reaches 93C and stays on until the temp has come down to 88C.

The 97/92 is the same, but for the high speed fan - on at 97C and stays on until the temp drops to 92C.

Where would I be without you guys! Thanks a lot Ryan!

Sign in to follow this