• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave205

2.0 8V Turbo Wiring Queries

luke1987

The vss is nothing to do with the rev counter it should have 3 wires which are switched live, negative and the signal wire which should go to pin 9 on the ecu. To get the rev counter up and running you need to take a feed from pin 43 of the ecu and run it through an adapter (pm spikey he makes them) and then to the 205s rev counter and hey presto one working rev counter. Oh and just to add the gearbox still rotates slowly when in neutral and up in the air hope this helps.

dave205

When you say adaptor what do you mean? Ive changed the 205 speedo drive to a 106 xsi one as the 205 one is cable only, the 106 xsi one hasan electrical connection this is now connected to the associated cable On the 205 loom.

luke1987

So youve converted to an electrical speedo? most people just get a combined vss which still has the output for a mechanical speedo but the electrical side for the ecu saves messing about wiring things in. and the adapter i speak of is basically a few diodes and resistors which converts the 406 signal into one the 205 rev counter can read.

vss.jpg

This is the combined VSS is yours the same?

dave205

I have a combined vss like that one in your picture and thought i'd connected it up properly but obviously not. Do i need an adaptor aswell?

dave205

And no i have the standard 205 speedo

luke1987

Right i get what you mean now thought you had electrical clocks there for a min, yes to get the rev counter to work you will need the adapter the vss just needs to got to ecu pin 9 and then take your rev counter feed from pin 43 run it through the adapter and to the clocks and you should be set. Like i said drop spikey a pm im sure youll be able to get one off him.

welshpug

As mentioned, you'll need an adapter or a mod to your rev counter, no further mods required to the speedo there.

I also have an adapter here :ph34r:

Edited by welshpug

dave205

As mentioned, you'll need an adapter or a mod to your rev counter, no further mods required to the speedo there.

How much do you want for it?

I also have an adapter here :ph34r:

dave205

Im still unsure about what connects were for the rev counter, whats the adaptor you have?

welshpug

its one I made, you connect it to the two coil triggers, an earth and the rev counter trigger, you don't use the output from the ecu.

dave205

Whats the rev counter output like? Is it an electrical connection or a cable?

Sign in to follow this