• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanielKamar

106 Pts Exhaust

DanielKamar

Hi there mates! I've searched the forum, but as I haven't found any topics regarding this, I decided to ask..

Has anyone tryed a PTS exhaust like these ones into a 205 Gti 1.6 115bhp? Does it gain something in hp/nm?

I'm thinking on building an engine with some work to the bottom end, port & polished head with an aftermarket cam and a intake, and as these exhausts are really light and do show some gains in the 106's, they came across my mind.. Any help? :rolleyes:

And another question.. what power can I expect with that type of work on the engine?

My link

My link

Many thanks and best regards!

Daniel

pug_ham

The 106 has a tu engine doesn't it?

A 205 GTI 1.6 has an Xu so it won't be an easy fit as the manifolds are on opposite sides.

g.

DanielKamar

The 106 has a tu engine doesn't it?

A 205 GTI 1.6 has an Xu so it won't be an easy fit as the manifolds are on opposite sides.

g.

I guess it would take some cut and weld, to fit it on the Xu exhaust.. Damn!

lukesaddy

pug_ham - yeh the 106 gti is a tuj4.

the pugsport 2" sound hellish - like a wasp in a bean can. - it would be worth it if you could get it welded on to fit a 205's manifold

DanielKamar

I was thinking of getting a magnex manifold and the adapt the PTS into the manifold! Something like this..

folds.jpg

Then do a flange and fit the straight pipe of the PTS into the manifold flange!

But, I kinda wanted to know if anyone had made it before! And why.. because the PTS exhaust it really light and I'm looking for a really light exhaust for the GTi!

And sorry for the picture hijack! :lol:

Edited by DanielKamar

Flozman

why dont you just buy a 205 exhaust system, save yourself loads of work. I quite like the sound of my arse after a curry but it dont mean im about to chop my ringer off and graft it to my manifold.

DanielKamar

Right, so.. is there any exhaust for the GTi that weights about 10Kg or so?

stuart

The Magnex on my rally car is pretty light, sounds similarly raspy to a 106 one but lower in tone and probably not as loud.

DanielKamar

The Magnex on my rally car is pretty light, sounds similarly raspy to a 106 one but lower in tone and probably not as loud.

I guess it solves the problem then!

205_sunderland

I was going to say why dont you just buy an omp group n like i was going to but there website has completely changed in past 2 weeks and there is no exhaust section anymore? wtf have they stopped making exhaust or something? They were only 280 euro so not bad at all

DanielKamar

From what I've seen, the OMP ones are really realy loud.. At least the one I saw on a 106 GTi was loud as hell!

I've found these ones, but I guess I'll go for a magnex exhaust as sometimes they appear on the sale section!

My link

My link

205_sunderland

From what I've seen, the OMP ones are really realy loud.. At least the one I saw on a 106 GTi was loud as hell!

I've found these ones, but I guess I'll go for a magnex exhaust as sometimes they appear on the sale section!

My link

My link

id imagine it very similar to pugsport and magnex from what ive read dont provide any power gains due to exhaust bore being wrong and just charverised, standard bore is best for back pressure etc so i wouldnt go for magnex, i have a brand new magnex backbox on mine at the minute and it looks lovely but ill be binning the max power mess soon as i can afford real system, the puma racing articles covers all the tests on aftermarket systems and all excpet standard lost bhp, but they were the likes of magnex, powerflow etc that why id go group n so its standard with slightly better flow

Henry Yorke

Just be careful as there is a difference between a PTS exhaust and a Pugsport one and any other Group N / A exhaust. From the old Peugeot Sport catalogues, most competition exhausts were mild steel as they had better sound properties, were less brittle and therefore prone to cracking, lighter and could take more hammer from bottoming out on a stage.

Messing around with a proper competition exhaust by chopping and welding will have some impact on the power properties as rear ones are developed to tuned lengths so the gasses get out quicker with the right amount of back-pressure and noise etc. I have had a custom made one for an Alfa in the past and it lost me 50 bhp!

Try and run the right exhaust for your car from a reputable manufacturer. Here is a link to the genuine bits http://www.specialtuninguk.co.uk/acatalog/106_Exhaust.html

Kamel6k

I have had a custom made one for an Alfa in the past and it lost me 50 bhp!

It's an Alfa, it would have lost them anyway... :D

Daniel, just go to a custom exhaust like "interescapes" at Oporto and ask them for a full custom 55mm exhaust. Light and Good performance wise.

DanielKamar

Kamel, you and the Alfa jokes.. Ahaha!

The Interescapes exhaust is not that light.. But that might be a thing a to consider!

Sam

I modified and fitted a Magnex (I believe they changed brands at some point) Peugeot Sport 106 rear box to my old 205. Didn't take much effort and sounded pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAa4-3AOOWY

Bear in mind, it was on Jenvey's too.

ash mi16

My link

My link

where could i get one of them omp exhaust off of one of them links?

thanks ash