• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave205

2.0 8V Turbo Doesnt Fit!

dave205

Lifted my engine into place tonight finally, but having some issues. The engine seems to be sitting lower on the drivers side, its also up againest the rear buffer mount. The gearbox mount is also strained as if the top of the engine it to far forward, and the gearbox is touching the battery tray underneath at the front. The master cylinder is fouling the plastic turbo inlet pipe dramaticly aswell. The lower fork mount looks like it needs to be approximatly 4 inches longer to meet the lower engine mount.

Have i completly messed up somewhere?

dave205

Another couple of issues is the alternator is fouling the chassis leg/ slam panel and aluminium sump mount/bracket will stop me dropping the rad!

Daviewonder

Any pictures?

dave205

Any pictures?

Im going set up a photobucket account tommorow when im at my pc and put a load on here.

dcc

arent there different types of driver side front mounts? might have the wrong arm?

dave205

arent there different types of driver side front mounts? might have the wrong arm?

Judging by the way its sitting something is definatly not right. I'l get the pictures up later anyway.

camgti

What top mount did you use? Also the rear mount?

Cam

dave205

What top mount did you use? Also the rear mount?

Cam

The top mount i bought off someone here and was told its a gti-6 one with a gti-6 top arm i already had.

The rear mount is a regular aluminium one of a 205 gti, the fork mount is also of a 205gti but has already been extended by 25mm.

Daviewonder

What gearbox are you using?

Master cylinder does foul plastic pipe. One way of solving it is to heat up the plastic pipe and make a dent in it, or elongate the bolt holes on the pipe and pull it as far over to the drivers side as poss.

Does the lower fork fit on if you push the engine into place manually?

I used an alternator adjuster bracket from an old nissan micra and one of the shortest belts I could find.

The massive ally bit on the front of the sump needs cutting off with a grinder.

dave205

Gearbox is off my 205 dturbo, so whatever that is?

I'l try warming that plastic pipe up tonight.

The lower fits if you push it on manually but the plastic pipe pushed the master cylinder over by half inch.

I think i may hsve solved ghe alternator issue by shortening the standard 205 tensioner.

Is it worth removing the sump to cut it off? Or simply hack it off with a grinder?

dave205

"Master cylinder does foul plastic pipe. One way of solving it is to heat up the plastic pipe and make a dent in it, or elongate the bolt holes on the pipe and pull it as far over to the drivers side as poss."

Ive had a go at doing this today and it gets so hot you cant touch it, but not soft and i dont want to set it on fire!

dave205

"Master cylinder does foul plastic pipe. One way of solving it is to heat up the plastic pipe and make a dent in it, or elongate the bolt holes on the pipe and pull it as far over to the drivers side as poss."

Ive had a go at this today and the plastic gets so hot you cant touch it but it doesnt go soft at all.

dave205

Anybody got any suggestions on how i can shape that pipe? Its holding me up, as i cant but the botfom mount on and make a start on everything else.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

dave205

I have made some progress at last!!

Plastic pipe has been shaped and is now a 1/4" clear of the master cylinder, the lower fork mount is on.

Ihave moved the alternator tensioner it now fits and tensions well.

The next issue ive come up againest are the gear linkages, the short linakge is on and i have side to side movement on the stick, the long linkage has the wrong ends and isnt supported in any way i'll try and get some pictures on here tommorow.

Whats the best way to drop the rad, what sort of bracjets have people made?

peter

you only have to bend the l shaped gear lever down a bit so it fits no problem.

just make some l shped brakets for the rad, its not hard!

dave205

you only have to bend the l shaped gear lever down a bit so it fits no problem.

just make some l shped brakets for the rad, its not hard!

Gearlinkages done, all gears now fully functional.

I need to drop the fans aswell to put the intercooler in, is it nessacery to chop out the panel the fan coweling sits?

Sign in to follow this