• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dino20vt

Which Rad, Valeo, Nissens Etc Etc

dino20vt

My radiator is past it's best and was just after people's opinions on what make to buy and from where.

I've seen Nissens on Ebay for £76.30 and that's as far as I've got.

What about Valeo?

Shall I enquire at Neat Autos?

AEP?

Cheers

Edited by dino20vt

Atari Boy

Nissens are very good although I bought one eBay and got an alloy Valeo delivered, so I was just as happy.

dino20vt

I always thought Nissens were good but the last time I went in a GSF and enquired, I got the usual response of "you won't know what make it is till you open the box" and "Nissens are crap" !

Anthony

Nissens or similar alloy rad is fine and will last years in my experience :)

Either they've gone up a hell of a lot recently or that price is on the dear side though, as they were only £40-50 odd last year! :o

dino20vt

When I enquired a couple of years back at GSF they quoted me like you say £40 - £50 but they must have gone up as ECP want just over £100 for one.

Atari Boy

They have gone up in the past two years I'm afraid.

chipstick

Aren't Valeo's alloy now as standard?

Daxed

Just fitted a new Nissens and very impressed.

E-bay

About £70 delivered i think.

Miles

Just the same almost and has a drain plug, ink

Edited by Miles

dino20vt

Just spoke to my local GSF and they can do an NRF (?) for £54 + vat

Neat autos don't stock them but could order me one in for £85 + vat + delivery and wouldn't know if it was a Valeo or Nissens till it arrived.

Raysons (01935 471474) a company I'd not heared of till I used them a couple of weeks ago to get a Hella/Behr (oe) rad for my mates e36 want £55 + vat + £10 delivery for a Hella Behr unit.

Aep couldn't decide which one I needed out of four so were ringing me back (not yet).

SweetBadger

Just spoke to my local GSF and they can do an NRF (?) for £54 + vat

Neat autos don't stock them but could order me one in for £85 + vat + delivery and wouldn't know if it was a Valeo or Nissens till it arrived.

Raysons (01935 471474) a company I'd not heared of till I used them a couple of weeks ago to get a Hella/Behr (oe) rad for my mates e36 want £55 + vat + £10 delivery for a Hella Behr unit.

Aep couldn't decide which one I needed out of four so were ringing me back (not yet).

If you haven't ordered / bought one yet, I've just fitted one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-Radiator-1-6-1-8-diesel-1-9-GTI-83-97-/230591821771?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b057f7cb

The engine runs far cooler now, fans are on far less when staionary/ in traffic and the quality of the radiator seems good, so for £40 can't go wrong really.

Miles

Good to see another report on these, As said the difference between this and a Nissens one is almost impossible to tell

SurGie

They have gone up in the past two years I'm afraid.

Im not sure why unless they are selling less due to the recession or people are using rad weld and such like.

Iv used nissens on my GT and not had any problems, maybe he was just trying to sell the other ones that are not selling very well :ph34r:

dino20vt

If you haven't ordered / bought one yet, I've just fitted one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-Radiator-1-6-1-8-diesel-1-9-GTI-83-97-/230591821771?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b057f7cb

The engine runs far cooler now, fans are on far less when staionary/ in traffic and the quality of the radiator seems good, so for £40 can't go wrong really.

Good to see another report on these, As said the difference between this and a Nissens one is almost impossible to tell

So they're well put together then?

Sign in to follow this