• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave205

Difference Between 2 And 3 Pin Speedo Drive

dave205

:rolleyes: i have the idnetified the original VSS its a 2 pin plug and both of the cables run up to the dash/clocks.

I have a 3 pin connector and peice of loom ready to replace it.

Daviewonder

Forget about the 2 pin plug etc you never need it again.

Find pin 9 on your ecu, you can find out what wire it is by using a circuit tester. Then connect up the 3 pin connector as stated earlier.

dave205

ive found what i think is pin 9, the only place the wire goes to is a green 3 pin plug on the front of the engine, i pressume its a sender/sensor?

Daviewonder

Doesn't sound right. Pin 9 used to go to the VSS module uner the dash in the 406 so it should go from the ecu to one of the big round multi plugs.

Daviewonder

Green 3 pin plug is probably the knock sensor. Are you sure you've got the pin numbers right?

dave205

Counting from the wire end of the plug, bottom row theres a number 1, i then counted, i only counted the pins that actually have a connection.

The green 3 pin green plug cables arnt like the others, there moulded into a black sheathing of there own.

Daviewonder

i only counted the pins that actually have a connection.

Ah, you need to count all pins even if theres nothing in them.

dave205

ah i see :blush:

Do you know were the pin 9 traces to or not? assuming you,ve done it before :rolleyes:

Daviewonder

I'm sure it will be one of the large round multi plugs, I can't remember exactly as I done mine coming up 2 years ago.

Do you have a multimeter?

dave205

Thank yooooouuuuu!!! ive just found it at last, it does run up to the dash loom plugs.

Can i completely remove the old 2 pin plug and cables now?

And yes i have a multimeter and just to hassle you some more, weres the nearest switched live that i can splice on to??

Daviewonder

Yes you no longer need the 2 pin vss wiring. I used red wire number 2 iirc for the switched +, it comes from one of the 205's brown multi plugs.

dave205

i.ve just identified that switched live, so i can also use that.

Sign in to follow this