• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie the Root

1900 8V Power

Ronnie the Root

If there are no restrictions except that the engine cannot be bored out past 2100cc, what is the most realistic power that can be achieved from a 205 1900cc 8v engine that will be on carbs, webber 45's and ignition management? Also who is the best person to do such work that will give 100% reliability. The engine will be used for tarmac stage rallying in Ireland. We already haave a 1924 or 1928 cc Skip Brown engine that is 169 bhp with 142 lb ft torque.

Cheers...

Baz

I'm sure this will have been discussed in depth before, but pockets being your only limit, around 250bhp with any kind of slight reliabilty i should think. I'm pretty certain a friend of mine had/has a few running around that.

I have a circa 190bhp Longman 1905cc 8v, should be enough IMO!

Miles

For anything like that I'd goto Sodemo in France but you'll need to dig deep, In the UK there is Brett Sims of what was Richard Longman or Mass but having lost there main man a few years back they are good but not right at the top if you get what I mean

Ronnie the Root

well you see there is no point in going mental ( spending money I mean) as then it would make more sense to go into a different class using a MI engine, realistically is it possible to get 200BHP using

webbers 45's

omex ignition management

using existing all steel bottom end and half mill oversized pistons

the above is what the current engine is running on, so the parts could be used on a different head.

and then getting someone to properly develop the head?

Later on, down the road maybe going throttle bodies to try get close on 220 BHP

Also what would be expected torque figures, which is very important

Link

Link to pics of the car

Thanx for the replys

Edited by Ronnie the Root

wicked

Later on, down the road maybe going throttle bodies to try get close on 220 BHP

Also what would be expected torque figures, which is very important

[url="http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x443/RonnietheRoot/#!cpZZ1

Power = torque * rpm

So if you want 220bhp @ 6500 rpm, you can calculate the required torque (if you convert power and torque to right units)

RossD

Power = torque * rpm

So if you want 220bhp @ 6500 rpm, you can calculate the required torque (if you convert power and torque to right units)

220bhp means making 178lb/ft @ 6500 rpm.

Which on an 8v 2.1 is 84lb/ft per litre, which is probably not achievable realistically. To make this kind of power on an 8v engine, you are going to have to rev it harder.

With a 16v on the other hand, you could realistically make this power at around these revs in theory......

Edited by RossD

Baz

Flozman

Thats a nice motor but i think my diesel could get round that kart track faster, id love to see it on a proper run though.

Sign in to follow this