• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugs in Pieces

[misc_work] Work(s) In Progress

Pugs in Pieces

well i thought maybe i should start up a thread showing my ongoing projects now that they are all in one place, used to have a barn but for the last 3 years i have been using 2 council garages and whosever drive i could blag to do my work. makes hard work when stuff is all over the place, anyway firstly i have a white 1.6 gti that has been a 1.6 gti, a 2.0 ltr 16 v 306 xsi, and a 1.9 gti on 45s, i was going to put a 6 engine in it but i now have a turbo engine im rebuiding so may use this instead. next up is the cti gutmann, many will know the car as floodys on here owned it for years, would appear to be a genuine gutmann turbo one kit, definatly the only turbo one kitted cti in the uk, slowly but surely it is going back to original but its taking time sourcing the bits, not original seats but they are 1.6 seats this will be at pugfest this year. next is a phase 1 graphite grey 1.9 gti, 58k from new, very very clean car just in the final stages of cleaning and putting back together, the car is totally original but with phase 1 dash and phase 1.5 door cards and mirrors, late phase 1 registered in april 1988, not sure whether i should put it all to phase 1 or not?? finally a red 1.6 gti, this was bought for the turbo conversion it was running, the engine is now out and getting rebuilt for other uses, i am going to put a 1.9 engine i have rebuilt into the car, put a ticket on it and sell it on, not bad for cherry red, only really passenger door faded orange, very rust free but lots of small parking dinks etc.

i shall post pics up this week when my electric is actually connected, will try and post as much as poss showing the progress on each car.

Pugs in Pieces

sorry no pictures yet as my unit still has no electric running, should be ready for the weekend, yesterday i started finishing off the gutmann, just one small crack around the handbrake mount and its then mot time. will be the first time i have had a 205 on the road or about 3 years. i have fitted a high pressure oil pump to the 1.6 engine in the gutmann, the oil pressure is now right up between the final 2 lines of the gauge, engine runs sweet as a nut. cant wait to clean the car though so dusty!

Pugs in Pieces

another weekend of no electric, have been promised it will be on early this week so hopefully ill have some pics shortly, the gutmann is now pretty much mot ready, noticed a small chip in the screen now though, borderline fail, new windscreen fitted to the red 205 yesterday, new loom fitted as well for the replacement engine, white car fully stripped ready for the engine bay to be blown over.

i have started cleaning up parts of the turbo conversion to get it ready o be refitted into the white shell, engine is stripped ready for rebuild, need a lambda boss welded onto the exhaut though.

Pugs in Pieces

quick update, pics tomorrow definatly,i have started to rebuild the turbo lump, painted the block, fitted new water pump, head is going away for a skim early next week as it is slightly warped(much like myself). the gutmann cti is now just awaiting the weld to the handbrake mount and will be moted, drives and runs spot on, even got a complete phase 1 dash!. i have started to rebuild the red 205 which the turbo lump came from, i have replaced that engine with a 1.9 unit, fully rebuilt, be3 1.6 box, replaced the loom etc for standard, should be ready for mot next weekend, still has most of the interior out, i am raping parts from my phase 1 for the time being to complete the red one. hav made good progress this last few days,

Daviewonder

Bloody hell sounds like you've been busy :o

Looking forward to some pictures.

Pugs in Pieces

update, the gutmann lives, it passed the mot with 2 advisories, chip in screen and slight play in rear beam, have been driving it about for the last few day to see how it feels, goes well, drives smooth and doesnt leak! actually quite a nice drive, gets a hell of alot of looks and attention. pics here:

carbits028.jpg

carbits025.jpg

carbits026.jpg

carbits027.jpg

the red 205 is almost mot ready, interior fully back in, just needs a new front valance, exhaust fitting and a few small bits, then mot, a damn good clean and it will be up for sale, going to be looking about 650 with a years ticket and a rebuilt engine. its not the greatest shell but very rust free. pics here:

carbits007-1.jpg

carbits006-1.jpg

i have started cleaning and tidying the grey phase 1 gti, it has had the engine bay cleaned and degreased, subframe blasted and painted, hubs and suspension components are off ready for cleaning, the interior still resembles a skip but its slowly moving forward. pics here:

carbits004-1.jpg

carbits003-1.jpg

carbits005-1.jpg

carbits012.jpg

Pugs in Pieces

and my white 205, this is my pride and joy, has been a few things over the years but is now going to be turbod. some pics:

carbits020.jpg

carbits008-1.jpg

carbits009-1.jpg

carbits010-1.jpg

scottypug

Thoose pics dont do that gutmann justice it looks much better in real life. Scott

qwerty

WOW! your a busy man lol :lol:

Loving those gutmann wheel

Pugs in Pieces

due to a bout of man flu i have been unable to crack into the cars over the weekend, there is a very strong possibilty that the red 1.6 gti i have will be getting broken, had a slight incident with a manitou late fri eve and its not looking hopefull. its either get a wing and bonnet or break whats left, its not the greatest car anyway.

theturbo head has gone away for a skim, will be bak in a fortnight or so, ill then start rebuilding the engine for that.

need to find some winchester grey aerosols!

Pugs in Pieces

having spent the last 2 weekends replacing gearboxes and still not being any better off i have decided to take the gutmann off the road until i can decide what to do with it, i have bought 3 supposedly good be1 boxes now but all have been beyond use. im now unsure wether to get anohter box and back on the road or take it off, get the bodywork sorted and put a turbo engine in it ready for next year. have lost interest in replacing gearboxes now to be honest so the latter may happen.

i have not got much more done to the other cars this past week, have been building engines and stripping cars.

has anybody done a turbo conversion to a phase 1 and is the wiring much harder to do?

Pugs in Pieces

about time for an update, managed to finally get back into it all after a couple of months of turmoil, bloody women! anyway, the gutmann cti has a turbo engine in, a very custom downpipe and working gauges, however after an unsuccesfull spell with some crap ecus i have decided to go standalone mangement, just waiting to free up the cash needed to buy it.

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

i have in the mean time been working on my white 1.6, somehow it turned into another ground up rebuild, up on stands, fully stripped and 3 days with a grinder and rust remover gel to sort the underneath out, amazing how much surface rust in under flaky paint and seam sealer. i have decided to install the mi engine i have, 204 bhp on 45s, i am using gaz coilovers and full 309 gti running gear. all fuel pipes etc will be painted, new clips and bolts where possible. i rebuilt a 309 beam, fitted fully solid rear beam kit and am in the process of painting it up along with engine and brakes etc.

a few pics.

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Edited by Pugs in Pieces

Pugs in Pieces

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Pugs in Pieces

any chance a mod could move this to the projects starters forum, not really relevant to body and misc anymore.

having been able to spend a fair bit of time on the car over the weekend i have made some good progress, the xsara vts box i am using has had the crownwheel replaced, the linkage arm swapped over and is being given a lick of black paint, i have rebuilt a 309 axle fully now and fitted to the car.

fully assembled a front subframe with all 309 bits and lower strut brace, hubs/shocks/brakes assesmbled, using 306 gti brakes.

i persuaded a mate to weld my strut top plates on sat evening, i proceeded to get the bay in primer that evening but alas it went wrong, so reflatted off sun am and repainted.

only a week or so and it should be up and running, a few small items like brake pipe clips and axle to body braided hoses to get and ill have it all.

a few pics and how it looks now. coming along now.

rear beam rebuilt.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0365.jpg

front subframe built up using 309 arb, wishbones, pas rack and drop links.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0376.jpg

front legs assembled using gti6 brakes.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0373.jpg

getting ready to weld the strut top plates on.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0370.jpg

welded and painted.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0371.jpg

painted engine bay.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0372.jpg

painting gearbox etc.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0377.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z63/WILZEE/IMG_0378.jpg

how it looks now.

IMG_0379.jpg

Edited by Pugs in Pieces