• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

What Front Rates To Match Rear 26Mm Tb's And 28.5Mm Arb?

B1ack_Mi16

Bingo.

I found the old set of bars (something I took from a 309 rally car (gravel)) they are 24mm bars and 21mm ARB.

Maybe I just shall try it. I change to the 28.5mm arb easy if I just wanna try it and see how it behaves.

The 26mm ones will stay for some later time I guess :)

j_turnell

Im still undecided on what bars to use on mine i have a set of 23mm Tb's 24mm arb and a standard 309 setup, not sure how the 23's with fair on bumpy back roads...

Henry 1.9GTi

Much better than standard I reckon! Thats how i snapped my arb. standard tbs and some bumpy b roads :) was bottoming out all over the place. Was lowered though.

Tom Fenton

I have 23mm bars on the back of my 205 (309 width beam).

Generally it is fine, however down some really bumpy lanes it does have to be handled with care.

Cameron

Does anybody know what rate the Eibach -30mm lowering springs are? Just wondering what TB's they could be paired with for a comfy "fast road" setup.

B1ack_Mi16

No idea about he Eibach spring rates.

However I now got some motivation, it would be fun to model the complete rear beam assy as a flexible dynamic FE model.

Just started with one torsion bar though and a rigid link as trailing arm.

But it would be cool to model the whole 205, with simplified shell of course, but more or less correct suspension pickup points.

The program does support tire models too so it would be cool to have a driving 205 and to measure the response in different speeds over bumps and cornering.

th_von_Mises_stress_and_deformation.jpg

Of course the force I put on this one is too large / gives too much deflection as there is no bump-stop.

Just need to model the complete tube and trailing arms. Guess the arms will be the worst part to get approximately good.

j_turnell

Does anybody know what rate the Eibach -30mm lowering springs are? Just wondering what TB's they could be paired with for a comfy "fast road" setup.

I've been looking into that myself as i cant afford to run decent coilovers and still want it to be nice and compliant for the backroads, so easy to go too stiff imo. From Sandy's post a while back they are progressive from 70-200lb, which im not sure will be quite enough, as im guessin with 23mm bars you'll prob need around the 250lb mark. I may give it a try though and see how i get on, will be running a 309 front arb too.

Cameron

I think 21mm TB's would probably suit them quite well.. and B6 dampers. :)