• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig_12345

What Power From A 2.0L Turbo

craig_12345

I have a 2.0L 8v turbo lump in my 205 gti, im wanting to get more power out of it . I want to keep the engine internal standard apart from a turbo cam. Also going to order a dp engineering manifold and thinking of a gt28rs turbo. what do you lot think bout this and will i see a good gain from it. will also have a 2.5 or 3 inch tubo back system

Henry Yorke

Pointless without decent management. Standard ECU caps you at about 1 bar boost.

craig_12345

Pointless without decent management. Standard ECU caps you at about 1 bar boost.

forgot to put i'll be changing hthe mangement

Mikey S

forgot to put i'll be changing hthe mangement

With that setup i'd say 210 to 220 bhp with torque to match. should be a proper handful! :D

• Like 1

Miles

Should be allot more than that, a good 250 min, I had 220bhp on a std engine bar a Omex system on a known RR

hanceformer

Are we talking about an xu10j2e engine from a xantia or 406? Am I right in thinking this is 150bhp standard at 1/2 bar pressure?

JamieTonks

would the bottom end run that sort of power?

jonnyturbo

xu10j2te from 406/605/xantia/xm same thing pritty much! im looking for a replacement for my turbo as its smoking but cant justify paying £465 for mine to be rebuilt but according to everyone no other turbo will bolt on! :(

peter

jonny just buy a rebuild kit off ebay with a stepped oil ring and rebuild it yourself! or i can do it for you, i have a spare good turbo also if you need one. (sorry for off topic)

Apparently you can get 286hp from the setup you have just described with the standard ecu and 340cc injectors, have a look at the 'griffe' on ebay. could be lies though...but;

mine ran 220 with standard turbo and management, you can get a little bit more by upping fuel and turbo pressure (turbo over one bar) but fitting a bleed valve so the ecu only 'sees' 1 bar, ver crude but it works!

B1ack_Mi16

would the bottom end run that sort of power?

Shouldn't be a problem. The rods are more or less the same as the XU10J4TE rods when it comes to strength.

I would say the standard bottom-end will take up to about 350bhp without any trouble.

wicked

Apparently you can get 286hp from the setup you have just described with the standard ecu and 340cc injectors, have a look at the 'griffe' on ebay. could be lies though...but;

That's 1.9, not a 2.0....

The turbo is indeed the restricting part on the 2.0 turbo's, that limits the power of the stock engine.

Haven't seen any standard engine (with stock turbo) putting over 210 bhp on a serious RR..

Edited by wicked

jonnyturbo

That's 1.9, not a 2.0....

The turbo is indeed the restricting part on the 2.0 turbo's, that limits the power of the stock engine.

Haven't seen any standard engine (with stock turbo) putting over 210 bhp on a serious RR..

dont forget about the s*it exhaust manifold and the restricted 1 bar map sensor in the ecu. i have heard of good engines ( 40k mileage engines etc) running over 200bhp with 1 bar boost.

Terry1600

mine is on 35k miles, standard engine, upped boost to 14psi and i got 216bhp and 280ft/lb

dave205

Whats the best way of upping the boost pressure? Adjust the turbo actuator, or fit a manual boost controller?

mikeygulley

My old mans 8V turbo is running 155bhp at 5psi of boost. He is getting cosworth fuel pressure regulator and some sort of 'T' piece which is being fitted next week and hoping to get somewhere around the 200 mark.

jonnyturbo

think most people use an mbc but im sure you could pick an electronic one up for less then £100

Jarrus

Surely I wouldnt be too much trouble changing the map sensor and having the ECU remapped?

Sign in to follow this