• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scottypug

1991 Cj

scottypug

Right i have been meaning to put this up for a while and now ive got to waot in a hotel lobby for another few hours. I bought my cj roughlya month or two ago firstly as a fun summer car but as with all 205s i had to start fideling and now its a prooject. The car came to me standard other than some pepper pots as it sits now i have lowers the rear 60mm and have frount springs on order, have a gutman grill on order and have just finished smoothing the boot panel (got bored and found some fiber glass and filler) then blacked the side repeters. The rear seats are out as back passengers dont agree with the arches and hopefully some point this week or week end ill be getting a vtr lump for it. Today it was sent for an mot and whilst im currently away im eagerly awaiting the result sorry for rambelibg but i cant add pics.streight from my phone so ill do it as soon as i get home.let me know what you think or suggestions.

Scott

scottypug

Sorry and an auto bonnet has just been put on

scott

allye

Vtr engine? Bit of a down grade surely? Look forward to the pictures.

scottypug

To be honest i would of prefered to have gone down the gti route and the engine is miles away from my house so its still up in the air at the minute. Scott

allye

My bad, I thought this was a cti! Put a xs engine in it!

scottypug

photobucket.com/205cjproject

:) photos

My bad, I thought this was a cti! Put a xs engine in it!

whats the difference between the XS and CJ engine wise?

scott

scottypug

Click photos sorry didnt realise you had to use add link button

scott

monkee87

Looks like you need to raise the rear a tad! Looks like the wheels will rub like crazy if you corner hard.

scottypug

yes i have had slight problems with cornering and hence no rear seats i was thinking of cutting the arches out at the back and flushing rally arches in but not sure how much that would help

scott

scottypug

Noy happy with the local mot center they refused to mot my car REASON its a piece of s*it this has just given me motivation

scott

BERTMAN

if you want to improve the handling, the first thing i would do is raise the rear suspension. Having it that low will cause no end of problems

allye

Noy happy with the local mot center they refused to mot my car REASON its a piece of s*it this has just given me motivation

scott

:o are they allowed to do that!? You do need to raise the rear though, its crazy low and will make it handle like a pig! (wearing high heals, on ice!)

scottypug

The back should be comming up tomorrow thanks for the advice.

The frount springs have finally arived but today i have been smoothing the frount grill and re doing the boot panel with my sisters supprisingly very good fillering skills (supprising as she has never used filler before) also sanded and half primerd the bootlid as the car os going graphite gray also the doors in the pic my full garrage are going on.

The pics will follow soon

scott

scottypug

:o are they allowed to do that!? You do need to raise the rear though, its crazy low and will make it handle like a pig! (wearing high heals, on ice!)

I used to work there but its still not very nice offending my poor pug

scott

scottypug

Finally made the engine decision and to go down the mi16 route certisy of anton greens engine thanks again for all the help was a tight squeeze into a 206 lol there will be some pictures up tomorrow of the bottem end dismantle to assess the crank situation

scott

Mikey S

Finally made the engine decision and to go down the mi16 route certisy of anton greens engine thanks again for all the help was a tight squeeze into a 206 lol there will be some pictures up tomorrow of the bottem end dismantle to assess the crank situation

scott

i'd have bought a cti to mi16 rather than a cj scott. your gonna have to fit a cti fuel tank as your cj is carb'd.

scottypug

Ye there is quite a lot that needs doing but hopefully mooving into a unit next week or the obe after so i dont have to rush doing it so hopfully ill end up with a decent car :)

scott

Mikey S

why did they refuse to mot it?

scottypug

Chris said it was a piece of .... And ot would fail by the looks of it so ill just take it sone where else when its back together

scott

S@m

Surely the engine choice for a Cj would be a TU5jp4 (Saxo vts engine). Would be a whole lot simpler than an Mi to install, and is the best TU engine you can get (off the shelf at least).

Sam

Mikey S

Chris said it was a piece of .... And ot would fail by the looks of it so ill just take it sone where else when its back together

scott

nice... oh well, if they can afford to turn it away....

agrred with above mate. 106 gti or saxo vts engine and i may know when one is ;)

allye

If you go mi you'll need gti sunframe and entire gear change set up.

scottypug

To be honest i made a list of what needs doing erlier and im deffinatly out of.my depth with attempting it in the cj with the ammount of time it will spend off the road as well isnt worth it for an every day car so ill probably keep the mi to one side for a gti conversion in the future. Also thanks for all of the advice evey one its very helpfull and where is there one lurking pugger?

Scott

Mikey S

To be honest i made a list of what needs doing erlier and im deffinatly out of.my depth with attempting it in the cj with the ammount of time it will spend off the road as well isnt worth it for an every day car so ill probably keep the mi to one side for a gti conversion in the future. Also thanks for all of the advice evey one its very helpfull and where is there one lurking pugger?

Scott

my mate has a vts that he is parting out. ill have a word with him scott.