• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

205 2L Vts

mikeygulley

Hey guys,

having a bit of trouble with the 205, I put a 2l xsara vts engine in it nearly a year ago now and it hasn't missed a beat! Until now :(

After changing my coil-overs back to standard set up today I drove home to pick the misses up, parked up and went in the flat. When I came back out to start the car it wasn't happy!

When I turned the ignition to the second click all the gauges were flickering and in the engine bay the black relay (I think, it's near the ECU which is in the engine bay on the passenger side) was clicking furiously!!!! When I tried to turn the car over it would just click and all the lights on the dash would light up and randomly the fog lights would come on, when releasing the key the clicking would start again and the gauges all flicker. Weirdly the rev counter was flickering to....I have never had any movement from this from the start.

I checked all the earths and looked for any wires or plugs that might of come disconnected, there was nothing. But when I pulled the fuel feed off the filter clicking would stop (but the pressure wasn't very good), also after leaving the ignition for a while the gauges would stop flickering the clicking would stop and all I could hear was the fuel pump. I then tried to start the car but all this would just repeat again.

Any ideas? I can't understand it as I had just driven the car 10 minutes previously!! Very frustrating.

Cheers in advance :)

Mike

M@tt

have you checked the battery voltage?

low battery can cause funny behaviour

j_turnell

Have you checked the battery with a multimeter?

mikeygulley

Well I will give the battery a go in the morning but could it just all of a sudden drop charge??

Tom Fenton

Sounds like the battery has s*it itself. They can sometimes suddenly fail, had to rescue a work colleague a few months ago when his Mondeo just ground to a halt one day driving along. Bobbed a new battery in and off he went.

mikeygulley

Managed to get the car running!! :) wasn't the battery but was an engine to body earth!! The bastard for some reason decided it wasn't good enough! Think I am going to go over all the earths this week.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

Mike

Sign in to follow this