• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
james_pug

Clarion Radio Code

james_pug

Can anyone on here decode them? It's model number pu 9469a with serial number 0011796 also has 97001f stuck on it

monkee87

Take it to choice vehicle rentals, they usually decode them for very little money. Or an audio shop should be able to do it.

dch1950

HI,

if it's a decode - what feeds the algorithm. If it's a physical reset , what do you disconnect ,a battery on the PCB? or press a reset switch? (in the manner of a PC's settings CMOS). I was told that a car saleman was always the best to ask as they are forever nicking the good radios out of the trade-ins and bunging in a cheap one - Perk of the job I suppose.

regards

Dave

james_pug

I've sorted it now, I thought I'd just try entering a few codes started at 1111and it was 1113 :)

Henry Yorke

I've sorted it now, I thought I'd just try entering a few codes started at 1111and it was 1113 :)

How lucky is that!!!!

Liquid_106

How lucky is that!!!!

Not quite as lucky as 1112 :P

james_pug

I couldn't quite belive it I should really of gone out and bought a lottery ticket lol.

Phil H
:ph34r: mine was 5451 took me all afternoon.

weejp

:ph34r: mine was 5451 took me all afternoon.

I didn't have the patience to do it in incremental steps, so I downloaded some dodgy software to de-code it, totally free.

The software went on to explain that I had to remove the cover from the radio and look at some soldering patterns on the circuit board, I then had to put in the results and it would give me the code, I was very suspicious but went ahead and put in the results. It came out with a code of 1515, tapped it in and hey presto! it flaming well worked!!!

I can't work out how it works, as there's surely so few answers, anyone got an explanation?

Mine had a solder blobs between the middle circuits and that's it, and as you can see there's really only 5 options.

[] []

[] []

[] [] here

[] []

[] []

Daviewonder

I didn't have the patience to do it in incremental steps, so I downloaded some dodgy software to de-code it, totally free.

The software went on to explain that I had to remove the cover from the radio and look at some soldering patterns on the circuit board, I then had to put in the results and it would give me the code, I was very suspicious but went ahead and put in the results. It came out with a code of 1515, tapped it in and hey presto! it flaming well worked!!!

I can't work out how it works, as there's surely so few answers, anyone got an explanation?

Mine had a solder blobs between the middle circuits and that's it, and as you can see there's really only 5 options.

[] []

[] []

[] [] here

[] []

[] []

Any more info on this?

Anthony

I haven't deciphered the logic of how the code is derived from the solder bolbs, but I have got the software to decode them.

Daviewonder

How does it work Anthony?

Anthony

It's possibly the same software mentioned above, in that you enter where the soldered links are and it gives you the code.

Drop me a PM and I'm happy to decode it for you.

(I won't however give out the software, as there are too many unscrupulous people out there who'll make a quick buck on the back of the generosity of this forum - you've only got to look on eBay and see the number of people selling various guides and technical details that have originated from here <_< )

christopher

It's possibly the same software mentioned above, in that you enter where the soldered links are and it gives you the code.

Drop me a PM and I'm happy to decode it for you.

(I won't however give out the software, as there are too many unscrupulous people out there who'll make a quick buck on the back of the generosity of this forum - you've only got to look on eBay and see the number of people selling various guides and technical details that have originated from here <_< )

If you have the registration of the original car the radio came from then a dealership can bring it up on their system and view the service history of the car with some technical details. The technical details include the radio code!!!!!