• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
testamias

[race_prep] Hill Climb Pug With Honda F20B Vtec Heart

testamias

Custom drive shafts for the baby

IMAG0921.jpg

IMAG0914.jpg

Ludi

This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !!!

Great work.

testamias

Thanks!

Since last post i have fitted the drive shafts

They are fitting just fine with some fine grinding of the carriers

IMAG0927.jpg

IMAG0922.jpg

unariciflocos

VTEC YOO! laugh.gif

Can't wait to drive this! You'll let me take it for a spin won't you? biggrin.gif

testamias

Hy people, I've just returned from holiday

I would like some advice.

Does anybody have any experience with Compbrake Pedal Box - es ??

I Purchased a Pedal Box from them and a pair of top mounts (eBay store ) but after an unfortunate experience with them I am not so sure i want to use it .

So to make a long story short I'll tell you briefly

I was lied about delivery (all most a month from initial buy) Countless e-mails, in the process they started to reject the call from my phone number (had to phone from another number).

Each time when I've called them seems I've spoke to a different person who knew nothing about my order/shipment so i had to tell the story again.

But no use, because on the next phone i had to start all over again. Guess what was not on stock (Even they lied is deliverd and played me around for a tracking number)

Then i accepted to pay more for another product they told me that was on stock just to be delivered in useful time to me.

But the story kept repeating itself. No delivery unless i phoned them .

When hey FINALLY arrived it was no Girling marked cylinders (but they looks like) and the top mounts with one wrong sleeve nut.

BUT more important is that the pistons and clevis joint moves very roughly and it catching

So after this experience i must ask around here if there is anybody with real experience with there products and if are reliable.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

P.S.I bought a hydraulic hand brake from OBP and you can see in the pictures the girling marked pistons (that are moving nicely )

Cameron

Is it just me or do none of the photos work? :blink:

Paul_13

No photos for me neither :(

qwerty

photo's still not working :(

testamias

Back again

A lot of work , plenty frustration, half of hill climb championship missed .. all your life is a learning process.

FIRST LEASON

COMPBRAKE=NOBRAKE

Don't Buy CompBrake Pedal Box's. They are expensive piece of S&%T.

Poor design (bent on first climb ), no name MC's, unacceptable machining.

IMAG1023.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

If you love your car (beside life) plese dont Trust CompBrake PedalBox's

Edited by testamias

stu8v

Yup, poorly made and cheap, avoid like the plague IMHO

cybernck

Ah, the pics work at last - and they show great work :).

That lamp post was in a wrong place, sorry to see that.

testamias

Hi,

I left the story at the hill climb crash moment. I will briefly bring it back to present days

Before hill climb crash session in good company

IMAG1030.jpg

After carsh engine out

IMAG1040.jpg

Flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, distribution, manual tension er conversion from automate one.

IMAG1041.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

IMAG1049.jpg

IMAG1050.jpg

Shortest final drive for T2T4 lds Gear Box (4.266 to 5.15)

IMAG1071.jpg

IMAG1061.jpg

Oem honda LSD

IMAG1065.jpg

Back in bussines

HILLCLIMB Sesion

HILLCLIMB Sesion

HILLCLIMB Sesion

HILLCLIMB Sesion

Edited by testamias

testamias
cybernck

I think a better question is - how are you going to ship it?

Pallet shipping will cost at least two times of what the kit's initially cost huh.gif.

• Like 1

davenport

Sorry to hear about the compbrake issues.. ive had bad experiences with them too.. the customer service is terrible!!! Its why i ended up making my own pedal box..

omega

the proplem is so much can go wrong

eg you could paypal me say 200 and in the last few minutes it goes up to 280 do i pay more then you could say itsto much and you not paying.

condition

as all theses kits are years old there will damage/ paint/filler/repairs so what would you accept

shipping

these items together take up a lot of room and will be difficult to wrap and pack due to size and how fragile they are so how to ship would be a proplem plus of course the cost

iam sure theres more but thats off the top of my head

ravydavy

Hi.

Why didn'tyou go for the K20 engine and box out of the Integra dc5??

Gearchange is out of this world on the honda box. And the ratio's are bang on for racing. And the inlet and exhaust are the right way round. Just run standard pug hubs and have driveshafts mahe going from honda to pug ends?

Was a doddle.

Regards David.

stu8v

Hi.

Why didn'tyou go for the K20 engine and box out of the Integra dc5??

Gearchange is out of this world on the honda box. And the ratio's are bang on for racing. And the inlet and exhaust are the right way round. Just run standard pug hubs and have driveshafts mahe going from honda to pug ends?

Was a doddle.

Regards David.

Ay chance you can pm me the wiring details or was it a case of just get the pin outs of the ecu and go from there? I just want to make sure i can cover all possibilities as I'm looking at buying a full civic type r and dont want to bugger it up. lol

testamias

Please be more specific.. what do you need or need for? conversion? swap a k20 to a pug?

My engine is JDM so it was hard to find the original schematics for anything so i've extrapolated the data from acura / integra manuals

stu8v

Please be more specific.. what do you need or need for? conversion? swap a k20 to a pug?

My engine is JDM so it was hard to find the original schematics for anything so i've extrapolated the data from acura / integra manuals

I assume you are running the std ecu?

what have you done about the std immobiliser etc, plus all the other oddment that go into the ecu? do they cause fault codes and limp home mode to come on etc etc.

testamias

I sent you a PM.

And yes i used the stock ecu but not anymore (now rtp p28). I have rewired every think. Ecu pin out from here http://technet.ff-squad.com .I was in limp mode due to vss sensor , oil pressure sensor and eld sensor. There are lots of thinks that can go wrong .

Edited by testamias

cybernck

Any updates?

testamias

Hi every body.

The hill baby is under reconstruction.

1. rear beam is bent after crash so... rebuild and maybe turrets (here i am open for suggestions)

2.power steering - I have the electric rack from corsa B and the original hydraulic of the xsara vts with electric pump from logan (renault)

Im for the second option even is heavier but have the advantage of weight redistribution (electric pump in the back) versus a big heavy chunk of metal in front of my legs.

3.Skunk 2 tuner edition cams with crower springs and titanium retainers with 8500-9000 power band

4.Neptune RTP ecu , modified intake with larger throttle 65mm vs 62mm, larger custom 4-2-1 exhaust

5.In line electric fuel pump and 10 -20L Race fuel tank

6.front uniball wishbones and uniball rod end with spacer adapters (due to lowered car)

7.wilwood front brakes and 205 non gti front caliper for rear