• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mafo

Zender Front Spoiler

SurGie

Agreed with GLP, the hype is there for a reason.

Ebay isn't the best place to show the true price of things at all is it, at the end of the day they are very rare and the seller should have sold it using buy it now. True rare items always has a premium attached to it with anything, the buyer definately got a good deal that's for sure.

The pictures dont really show the full condition of the front either, so for all we know it may have been cracked in places, being stored for a long time anything may have damaged them somehow. When it comes to getting a pro fibreglass ones made, they can add strength to them to make them stronger than the originals which makes a pro remake better, especially when the driving light fixings can also be added. Although a crappy home made one is in another league, if the person making them isn't very good at the job.

The one thing that the Zender front valance does give is more down-force in corners compared to any other front valance ive seen around.

The side skirts im not a fan of tbh, i prefer the curvy type 'ecosse iirc' that sort of matches the original sills.

vtifan

Agreed with GLP, the hype is there for a reason.

Ebay isn't the best place to show the true price of things at all is it, at the end of the day they are very rare and the seller should have sold it using buy it now. True rare items always has a premium attached to it with anything, the buyer definately got a good deal that's for sure.

The pictures dont really show the full condition of the front either, so for all we know it may have been cracked in places, being stored for a long time anything may have damaged them somehow. When it comes to getting a pro fibreglass ones made, they can add strength to them to make them stronger than the originals which makes a pro remake better, especially when the driving light fixings can also be added. Although a crappy home made one is in another league, if the person making them isn't very good at the job.

The one thing that the Zender front valance does give is more down-force in corners compared to any other front valance ive seen around.

The side skirts im not a fan of tbh, i prefer the curvy type 'ecosse iirc' that sort of matches the original sills.

i bought this gave the guy 30 quid to pack it as i know its a hassle and wouldnt expect someone to do something this size for nothing,bargain if you ask me,i was prepared to pay 200+30+shipping,i'm going to see a boy about making me up a batch of 10 front valances,these will be quality as the boy used to make kits for ecosse,will only have them made if i have ten definates as i wont be trying to make out of this but i wont be losing,i will put a thread up when i get price guys cheers
  • Like 1

Henry Yorke

If you really want something you will travel for it. The 5 bids were in the last few minutes as I was watching it. Ebay is the only place you will pick something like that up now, so anyone who really wants one would have had a simple search of "205 Zender" set up to mail them when one comes on the market, and you are less likely to miss auctions as the majority of people have the app on a smartphone now so it reminds you when the auction is finishing.

Oh Surgie :rolleyes:

i bought this....

Cool :) I bet the other bidders may have been on here too. Hopefully you are making a retro GTI as it suits aftermarket wheels that are straighter in design than the circular based Speedlines IMHO. Fondmetal 3000's would look the most period with this I reckon B)

vtifan

If you really want something you will travel for it. The 5 bids were in the last few minutes as I was watching it. Ebay is the only place you will pick something like that up now, so anyone who really wants one would have had a simple search of "205 Zender" set up to mail them when one comes on the market, and you are less likely to miss auctions as the majority of people have the app on a smartphone now so it reminds you when the auction is finishing.

Cool :) I bet the other bidders may have been on here too. Hopefully you are making a retro GTI as it suits aftermarket wheels that are straighter in design than the circular based Speedlines IMHO. Fondmetal 3000's would look the most period with this I reckon B)

oh i would have a set of fondmetals in an instant if i could find some,they are my favourite wheel on a 205 but i just dont think they would clear the gti6 brakes,i tried to fit bigger brakes on my old 205 with the fondmetals and it was a total no go,cant remember which brakes though,i was thinking 16's for clearance and kitted cars need slightly bigger wheels imho,will have to be something kind of old skool though and a bit of dish is a must for me

my old one

Picture002.jpg

• Like 1

SurGie

What me :D

Why do you think Shiny had one for his track car, just for the looks, nerr, more for the intake air direction especially in towards the brakes. If they are good enough for the F1 cars, then they are good enough for the 205's :lol:

Every little helps as they say :P

If it says Zender in the moulding then thats what they are.