• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SweetBadger

1.9 Mi16 3-Row K-Light And Knock Sensor Issues

SweetBadger

I've been having the k-light come on sporadically just recently, with the error code pointing to knock sensor / knock control (happened first when the knock sensor came loose on its mounting stud). Currently putting this down to using a length of studding to bolt the sensor to the block instead of the genuine pug item (no longer available from pug - see my wanted ad!).

Obviously the ecu can sense when the sensor is not working properly, but when I removed the knock sensor plug with the car running, the k-light did not illuminate... Does this sound right? K-light comes on straight away if you pull the plug of the water temp sender... Anyone had any experience with knock sensor problems?

I've checked the obvious like the knock sensor plug contacts and continuity between the plug and ecu and all seems well...

Anyone with a 3-row MI fancy unplugging their knock sensor to see if the k-light comes on? :P

Sign in to follow this