• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mark_ashley

Wiring 16V Engine Into 205 Rallye

mark_ashley

Hi. Putting a vts engine into my 205 rallye and I am struggling with the wiring (which I knew I would be). I have a loom for the engine which has 2 round multipin plugs, one grey and one black. I also have the interior loom from the 205. I'm in South Yorkshire. Is anyone skilled at this or know of any companies I can send it to? Obviously willing to pay as I Ron have a clue and the sooner the better.

Cheers, Mark.

Tesstuff

What results did you get when using the Search mate?

It has been asked twice in the last week.

The member on here called 'Spiky' offers a service to do the wiring for anyone doing this conversion(or not able to use the Search function :P)

Contact him.

Edited by Tesstuff

Baz

Which VTS engine? Pedantic but 'VTS is a trim level name on multiple vehicles, not an engine name.

mark_ashley

Lads im my own worst nightmare. I used to hate people like me on sxoc when I had a Nissan. Not being lazy with the search function, am out on site at a powerstation with dodgy security access and slow Internet so I'm limited to what I can do... Searching is very tricky although not impossible so maybe I am being lazy :-) but yeah it's a 106 gti / saxo vts engine :-) now I'm gonna try and search for this lads number (unless someone beats me to it by posting it lol)

Mark.

Baz

Scrap the previous advice about Spiky then as his looms and experienc etc is based upon the Xsara VTS/306 GTi6 XU10 Engine not the TU afaik.

mark_ashley

Oh I see. Neh mind I have sent him a message already so will see what is said.

miamichris

I've done this conversion into my xs mate, what do you need to know?

Its not difficult, just sit down with the two engine looms, wiring diagrams and ecu plug pinouts and a multimeter. I have the wiring diagrams if you need them, someone sent me them when I was doing it.

Using the bell test function on the multimeter just buzz through each connector on the 106 gti engine loom, find out what pin that is on the ecu pin out diagram then label it with some masking tape and a pen. Do each connector one at a time until you have them all figured out (it will take you a while!). Then do the same for the rallye engine loom and figure out which ones you will be using/connecting up to the 106 gti loom to make it run. Solder and heatshrink any connections you are sure about and any others you can test using connector blocks, then solder up and heatshrink once you are sure they are right.

You will need to fit a 205 gti fuel tank and pump, pipe in some injection lines and wire in the fuel pump aswell mate.

Check out my thread to guide you through it, it should help you and answer a lot of your questions.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=121932&st=0

BC Devile

Its not difficult, just sit down with the two engine looms, wiring diagrams and ecu plug pinouts and a multimeter. I have the wiring diagrams if you need them, someone sent me them when I was doing it.Using the bell test function on the multimeter just buzz through each connector on the 106 gti engine loom, find out what pin that is on the ecu pin out diagram then label it with some masking tape and a pen. Do each connector one at a time until you have them all figured out (it will take you a while!). Then do the same for the rallye engine loom and figure out which ones you will be using/connecting up to the 106 gti loom to make it run. Solder and heatshrink any connections you are sure about and any others you can test using connector blocks, then solder up and heatshrink once you are sure they are right.

You will need to fit a 205 gti fuel tank and pump, pipe in some injection lines and wire in the fuel pump aswell mate.

Check out my thread to guide you through it, it should help you and answer a lot of your questions.

Hi im also doing this conversion and also very stuck when it comes to wiring. Could you send me the diagrams please.

Thanks Blair

mark_ashley

Its not difficult, just sit down with the two engine looms, wiring diagrams and ecu plug pinouts and a multimeter. I have the wiring diagrams if you need them, someone sent me them when I was doing it.

Using the bell test function on the multimeter just buzz through each connector on the 106 gti engine loom, find out what pin that is on the ecu pin out diagram then label it with some masking tape and a pen. Do each connector one at a time until you have them all figured out (it will take you a while!). Then do the same for the rallye engine loom and figure out which ones you will be using/connecting up to the 106 gti loom to make it run. Solder and heatshrink any connections you are sure about and any others you can test using connector blocks, then solder up and heatshrink once you are sure they are right.

Cheers mate, that sounds good.. swapped the fuel tank so thats all good, the wiring diagrams would be very good if you could email the to me at markashley100@hotmail.com Id appreciate it.. How many wires did you end up splicing in the end? Also what did you do about the speedo? Im guessing if I use a speedo drive of an older gearbox it will just replace the electronic senson on the 106 box.. that way I can use the cable on the rallye?

Cheers again,

Mark.

miamichris

Cheers mate, that sounds good.. swapped the fuel tank so thats all good, the wiring diagrams would be very good if you could email the to me at markashley100@hotmail.com Id appreciate it.. How many wires did you end up splicing in the end? Also what did you do about the speedo? Im guessing if I use a speedo drive of an older gearbox it will just replace the electronic senson on the 106 box.. that way I can use the cable on the rallye?

Cheers again,

Mark.

Hi Mark, you need a speedo drive with both the cable hole and also the VSS sensor connection on it. If you put a wanted post up on here someone will have one for you.

Can't remember how many wires I had to splice in the end, between 10 and 20 maybe? You only need a few wires connected for it to run though, the rest are gauges etc.

miamichris

Cheers again,

Mark.

Hi Mark, you need a speedo drive with both the cable hole and also the VSS sensor connection on it. If you put a wanted post up on here someone will have one for you.

Can't remember how many wires I had to splice in the end, between 10 and 20 maybe? You only need a few wires connected for it to run though, the rest are gauges etc.

mark_ashley

thatnks for info.. will stick a wanted message out :)